The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ImagineCats
5/6

They can't all have been that bad - I'm sure you've done fine. I've done 3 out of 11 so far :frown:
Original post by SH0405
They can't all have been that bad - I'm sure you've done fine. I've done 3 out of 11 so far :frown:

Argh I hope youre right!

Are you doing GCSE? Good luck!
I'm currently doing AS, and will be starting my A2 courses when I return from study leave in June. I am taking AQA English Literature and Language, AQA Media Studies and AQA Sociology. Personally I found these exams OK. I revised lots for them and worked really hard in class and at home, so hopefully it's all paid off! :smile: in terms of university, I start attending open days next Saturday, the first being Derby. I'm hoping to do a degree in Media and Communications, so that should be exciting :smile: I don't know any entry requirements yet, should be f u n.

Last night I had a dream I failed all my subjects :eek: which hopefully hasn't happened. My parents have always told me that whenever a door closes, plenty of other doors open, so I know that this is their way of telling me that there are so many options out there even if I don't do aswell as I hoped :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Results day thread already?! :eek:

Can't believe we're all going to be crapping ourselves in 82 days :cry:
Reply 24
Original post by ImagineCats
Are you doing GCSE? Good luck!

Nope, uni :smile:
Reply 25
A2 Subjects English Lit and Lang. Economics and Sociology
Firm Uni King's College Ldn to study English and Linguistics
Had one retake earlier this week, have no clue how I feel about that!
Results day is going to be a bit of tough one for me as I won't be in the UK.
So I'm legit praying to wake up to my confirmation emailing, God willing :smile:
-AS
-maths, further maths, french
-good question:colonhash:
- no idea - one that does the course i want and will accept me i guess
- english and french law
- good question :colonhash:
-nope

Are you AS or A2? A2

What subjects are you taking? Biology Chemistry and Maths

How are exams going? Not too bad but only had two (C1 and C2 retakes), its the ones after half term that i'm worried about.

To which university are you hoping to go? Brunel

To study which subject? Physiotherapy

How are you feeling about results day? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A-Levels: In A2 doing WJEC Maths, WJEC Further Maths and AQA Physics :smile:
AS Grades: AAU :P
Firm University/Course: Maths at University of Leeds
Required Grades: ABC if i do an access course , if not A*AC :biggrin:

Only had one exam so far. I retook the Physics AS exam from last year. I don't really know how it went to be honest. :redface:

Im scared about results day tbh because i need a C in Physics urghhh :/
Are you AS or A2? A2
AS grades - AABC
A2 predictions - A*AA
What subjects are you taking? AQA Geography, AQA biology, AQA chemistry
How are your exams going? I've only had a resit (B1) and then went well
To which university are you hoping to go to? Newcastle
To study what? Medicine
How are you feeling about results day? The panic will begin after my final exam is over
Reply 30
Original post by Ayaz789
A-Levels: In A2 doing WJEC Maths, WJEC Further Maths and AQA Physics :smile:
AS Grades: AAU :P
Firm University/Course: Maths at University of Leeds
Required Grades: ABC if i do an access course , if not A*AC :biggrin:

Only had one exam so far. I retook the Physics AS exam from last year. I don't really know how it went to be honest. :redface:

Im scared about results day tbh because i need a C in Physics urghhh :/

What was your U in?
Are you AS or A2? A2
AS grades - ABCC
A2 predictions - AAB
What subjects are you taking? AQA Psychology, AQA History, AQA Sociology
How are your exams going? I've had HIS1H and PSYA1 resits so far and they went okay, but not brilliantly so...
To which university are you hoping to go to? LSE
To study what? Sociology
How are you feeling about results day? Panic...but I'll be more worried once the exams are all over. atm I'm just worrying about the amount of revision I need to be doing and the strange number of migraines or other illnesses I'm getting!
Original post by SH0405
What was your U in?

In Physics why?
Reply 33
Original post by Ayaz789
In Physics why?

Just wondering...was it the difficulty, the teacher?....
Original post by SH0405
Just wondering...was it the difficulty, the teacher?....

I think it was mainly the teacher tbh, now i have a different teacher!
Reply 35
Original post by SH0405
The 18th August may seem a long way away, but with exams now in full swing, it will be upon us in the blink of an eye. I thought I'd make this thread (again) having received my A2 results last year. Useful stuff will inevitably be added to this thread as time progresses. In the mean time, post your thoughts regarding exams, results day, university and perhaps predict what grades you'll get. Good Luck!

Questions

Are you AS or A2?

What subjects are you taking?

How are exams going?

To which university are you hoping to go?

To study which subject?

How are you feeling about results day?

Anything else to add?

Stuff

Countdown Timer [credit to @emiloujess] : Click here.

1. I'm AS, and I'm amazed by how the year has flown:biggrin:
2. I took English (lit&lang combined), RS, Art & French
3. Exams are going a lot better than I thought, I won't lie. However my Literature exam last thursday was pretty brutal, I must say:s-smilie:
4. I hope to go to Cardiff University, I went to the open day and fell in love with the uni, it's so beautiful
5. I want to study Journalism, Media & Cultural Studies with the hopes of becoming an investigative journalist, think Louis Theroux and that's basically my life goal right there:smile:
6. I'm petrified. This is my first results day in my new college, and as this year hasn't been so great I'm kinda worried...
7. I hate french and i'm dropping that on results day no matter what result I get, completely regret taking it:biggrin::biggrin:
Haha... 80 days left. So close...

Are you AS or A2? A2
AS grades - AABC
A2 predictions - AAA (after mocks, it became A*A*A)
What subjects are you taking? AQA Biology (death), AQA Geography, Edexcel Chemistry
How are your exams going? Had BIOL6X EMPA, went alright. Had Chemistry Unit 1 resit, think I got an A or a high B in it (weird questions...). Next exam is June 9th (Geography, my best subject).
To which university are you hoping to go to? Leeds
To study what? Economics and Geography with Year in Industry
How are you feeling about results day? Pretty apathetic towards it. However, after exams, I will very likely be a nervous wreck.
Original post by Peppercrunch
Haha... 80 days left. So close...

Are you AS or A2? A2
AS grades - AABC
A2 predictions - AAA (after mocks, it became A*A*A)
What subjects are you taking? AQA Biology (death), AQA Geography, Edexcel Chemistry
How are your exams going? Had BIOL6X EMPA, went alright. Had Chemistry Unit 1 resit, think I got an A or a high B in it (weird questions...). Next exam is June 9th (Geography, my best subject).
To which university are you hoping to go to? Leeds
To study what? Economics and Geography with Year in Industry
How are you feeling about results day? Pretty apathetic towards it. However, after exams, I will very likely be a nervous wreck.

I do geography and biology AQA :smile: (Chem AQA too) which modules for geography? I do tectonics, ecosystems and world cities.

Are you AS or A2? AS

What subjects are you taking? AQA Psychology, AQA Sociology, Edexcel Health and Social Double award, AQA EPQ (This didn't have an exam but it is compulsory for year 12)

How are exams going? I've already finished my exams,the majority of them went not too bad, the worst exam I have took was the health and social single exam, also AQA have been absolute stars with their exams for the new spec in psychology/sociology.

To which university are you hoping to go? I'm really undecided but luckily enough, I have time to decide, I'm attending many open days later on in the year.

To study which subject? Its either between Health and Social, Social work or Early childhood studies,

How are you feeling about results day? Not too bad at the moment but when it gets closer to the day I will get nervous, as it is a new college and we are setting the boundaries for the next year 12.

Are you AS or A2?
A2
What subjects are you taking?
Maths, Further Maths, French, Philosophy
How are exams going?
Only had one resit, it wasn't great haha.
To which university are you hoping to go?
Leeds 💕
To study which subject?
Mathematical Studies
How are you feeling about results day?
Not thinking about it at the moment! But after exams are finished I'll probably be subconsciously stressing about it 24/7... And also kinda excited.
Anything else to add?
Good luck everyone! xxx

Also...
Got AAAB at AS
Predicted A*A*A*A* lol
Slightly more realistic prediction A*A*A*C
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest