The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Why do BTEC and IB students get results first before Alevels?
Reply 661
Original post by Ordo

Exams are completed earlier and there are less of them.
Reply 662
Original post by Aph
Exams are completed earlier and there are less of them.

Thanks I didnt know that xD
Original post by Ordo

Hi I remember you on the biology aqa thread. During my unit 5 biology exam for the synoptic essay, I did a page on the ions essay and changed my mind to do question a) about cells instead of the ions question that I had started on. I forgot to cross out the ions essay and just left a comment how I've changed my mind. Do you reckon that they will mark my essay?? 😤😤

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 664
Original post by maggie43
Hi I remember you on the biology aqa thread. During my unit 5 biology exam for the synoptic essay, I did a page on the ions essay and changed my mind to do question a) about cells instead of the ions question that I had started on. I forgot to cross out the ions essay and just left a comment how I've changed my mind. Do you reckon that they will mark my essay?? 😤😤

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there I'm not an expert and all I know what my teachers told me, if you didn't cross out the part b question on the first page then the examiner may assume you are doing part b question. Then, unfortunately you won't get marks part a question. Sorry, but I do hope they mark on the part a as you left a comment to change question when examiner read along but I'm not sure. They can't mark both - so in this case they may mark on part b question.
Isn't it 36 days?
Reply 666
Original post by jamestg
Isn't it 36 days?

Today's the 12th, so 19 days until the end of the month and then 18 days to the day, so 37 Days.
Omg just got the first seven books of game of thrones for 12 pounds and brand new on Amazon. I was going to buy them 2 days ago for 34. Close one :biggrin: Looks like I have something to pass the time hehe ^^
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by target21859
Omg just got the first seven books of game of thrones for 12 pounds and brand new on Amazon. I was going to buy them 2 days ago for 34. Close one :biggrin: Looks like I have something to pass the time hehe ^^

Wow lucky! I got all mine 9.99 each :tongue:. They're so good, you'll love them.
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Wow lucky! I got all mine 9.99 each :tongue:. They're so good, you'll love them.

They arrive tomorrow I can't wait. Gonna finish the show first today hopefully.
Prison break is getting me through this wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
Prison break is getting me through this wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's a good show. Seen it a few times. Although season 3 was a bit of a let down.
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone have the 2016 papers for OCR (like the ones for AQA) and I only want the chemistry and biology
They arrive tomorrow I can't wait. Gonna finish the show first today hopefully.

Yeah they're awesome. I first read them when I was 13 and been waiting a while for the new books- bit George RR Martin is a great writer do I hope it's worth the wait.

The show is just as amazing and everything comes so much as a surprise now. The finale honestly left me broken and crushed! Did you watch it yet?
Yeah they're awesome. I first read them when I was 13 and been waiting a while for the new books- bit George RR Martin is a great writer do I hope it's worth the wait.

The show is just as amazing and everything comes so much as a surprise now. The finale honestly left me broken and crushed! Did you watch it yet?

No not yet. I'm on season 5 atm I just started watching it a few days ago
No not yet. I'm on season 5 atm I just started watching it a few days ago

Wow keener- I wish I could get that experience again of it all being new. Thinking of re watching the series, who are your favourite characters?
Wow keener- I wish I could get that experience again of it all being new. Thinking of re watching the series, who are your favourite characters?

Definitely tyrion. His performance in the trial was amazing. I also like Pod as he's just quite a likeable character. I've watched quite a few series again and I too wish I could erase it from my memory to experience it again. I wished I watched GOT earlier but at the same time I don't. It's great. I've got something to watch which I haven't before. I did start watching a few years ago but I got bored after the first two episodes. I'm really glad I just bought the box set and watched it. Definitely my favourite series and replaces my number one favourite which was breaking bad. I've heard season 5 is the weakest one so far but has one of the best episodes. Season 4 was simply superb. Definitely my favourite.

I just looked at the release dates for the books and he first one was released in 1996! And there's still 2 more to come I think. Is it a bad thing that he series no longer has the book to support it? Did George tell them the general direction of how it should go? Also do the books have a lot more content than the show? ie more depth to certain characters.

Edit: I also liked that prince.
Original post by Aph
Today's the 12th, so 19 days until the end of the month and then 18 days to the day, so 37 Days.

But the day is on the 18th and surely you're not gonna count that day so it's 17 days left when we reach August
Reply 679
Original post by hopefulmedic97
But the day is on the 18th and surely you're not gonna count that day so it's 17 days left when we reach August

Well it's the 13th today so let's look at that.

1 Aug

You don't count today because it has started but you count every day after upto and including the day you are counting to. If you counted to the 17th you would be excluding the fact that there is a day between the 17th and 18th.

Quick Reply

Latest