The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Guys if my offer is A*AA and say I got AAAB will I have exceeded (but not met) my offer and therefore be eligible for adjustment?
I'm pretty sure I will be eligible for adjustment in that case, just checking :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Just look at it this way, the exams are done and every paper has been marked, your results are waiting for you in school, results that you have created and results that you can't change.Get some sleep and stop worrying!
Original post by Aph
too hot to sleep.

Means nothing.

Say for example that the offer from that university is AAB but you got AAC for example does that mean that they are more likely to be lenient on you?
Original post by ninjass
Got a 1 in step - 84/120 - in shock!!!!!

That's great! Congrats! :smile:
Does anyone else have teachers peeking through their results and then bolting on a comment after they do so - before handing it to you. It's so irritating and misleading .
Original post by tbh12
A question....what in the world is step!?!?

Exam for people going to do maths degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7506
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Good luck guys, I've been in your position and it will pass don't worry! Just a question, my sis is receiving her results tomorrow. If she doesn't get her required grades how likely is it that the uni may still accept her anyway if she calls them up? Also what should she actually tell them once she calls up?

It's good to see you again.

If they reject her she shouldn't call as it will only be wasting her and their time (unless she is getting a priority remark)
If she's accepted she shouldn't call as it would also be a waste of time (she's already in)
If she is still pending basically she should say that if they want her they should accept her now or else she wants to go (if they want her they will take her).
Good luck guys. Collected my grades 2 years ago but remember the how daunting the night before was, especially because results day was on my birthday :lol:
Reply 7508
Original post by Altun63
Been trying to sleep since 9, no hope, given up now, just waiting for my fate 🙄

I didn't even try I would need a **** tonne of drugs to k.o me right now
Reply 7509
Original post by captainslow69
Say for example that the offer from that university is AAB but you got AAC for example does that mean that they are more likely to be lenient on you?

Depends on the uni. If they don't think they can teach you then they won't accept you. And them being in clearing really means nothing about how lenient they will be.
Original post by WeslshStudent101
Fairly likely they'll accept before she rings them anyway, most Unis are trying to increase the amount of students to get more money, check Track at around 8 and it will normally be up, although often it wont show until later in the day. In other news i'm looking at grade boundaries and wondering if it's a good thing that they're low as I found the exams pretty decent?

Nah I mean if it says rejected on her track page, is there any going back from that? Can they still be persuaded?
Reply 7511
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
Exam for people going to do maths degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile

But what about maths radians!?
Reply 7512
To sleep, or not to sleep: that is the question
Original post by Aph
It's good to see you again.

If they reject her she shouldn't call as it will only be wasting her and their time (unless she is getting a priority remark)
If she's accepted she shouldn't call as it would also be a waste of time (she's already in)
If she is still pending basically she should say that if they want her they should accept her now or else she wants to go (if they want her they will take her).

Lol that last sentence makes it sound like she's threatening them into accepting her, not sure that's the right way to go.

Wow so when rejected there is ABSOLUTELY nothing she can do to change their minds?
Nah I mean if it says rejected on her track page, is there any going back from that? Can they still be persuaded?

no.
Where did I put my sleeping pills?

Spoiler

Original post by Tai Ga
Good luck guys. Collected my grades 2 years ago but remember the how daunting the night before was, especially because results day was on my birthday :lol:

How did you do
Hey guys I know you're stressing, panicking and scared.. I am too. I'm planning to make a Whatsapp/Kik group chat for anyone who can't sleep and wants to talk for a while. I guess you could post it here or PM me directly. I guess it depends on what you guys prefer? Whatsapp or Kik? Let me know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
How did you do

Got the grades I needed for my required course and took a gap year to earn money for uni. So it went pretty smoothly.
Reply 7519
Lol that last sentence makes it sound like she's threatening them into accepting her, not sure that's the right way to go.

Wow so when rejected there is ABSOLUTELY nothing she can do to change their minds?

It's what we have been told to do. They will have already made some decision and are basically waiting to see if something better comes along. It won't always work but it's better then waiting for days to suddenly be told you are in clearing when most of the places have gone.

And yes. Their decisions are made and set and unless you are getting a priority remark you are wasting your time.

Quick Reply

Latest