The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Guys don't be anxious, tomorrow will be an amazing day and you will finally be able to celebrate your achievements. Be optimistic, your alevel journey has come to an end and you are now going to pursue a new journey! The future is exciting, don't beat yourself uo by worrying about the worst.
(edited 7 years ago)
lets go to sleep somehow :lol:
Original post by AthiaKarim
Awww bless you sweetie, don't worry it will go okay! Don't stress out, if you're tired put your phone down and get some sleep! You need rest for tomorrow, I got my alevel results like two years ago, I remember the day before nerves like it was yesterday.

I promise you're only stressing yourself out, take tonight easy, listen to some calming music and let tomorrow be! <3

Thanks will take your advice now. What is done is done my results can't change.

Posted from TSR Mobile
4th Year Geographer at Royal Holloway here to help any way I can. Anyone have any questions?
Guys don't be anxious, tomorrow will be an amazing day and you will finally be able to celebrate your achievements. Be optimistic, your alevel journey has come to an end and you are now to pursue a new journey! The future is exciting, don't beat yourself uo by worrying about the worst.

Best to expect the worse and prepare than assume you did amazing
Original post by waqasabbasi
At what time will the result be published online on resultsplus?

you will finally be able to celebrate your achievements.

I'll start the job application for LIDL now in that case :P
Original post by M a t t
4th Year Geographer at Royal Holloway here to help any way I can. Anyone have any questions?

Royal Holloway is my insurance choice but the offer for my firm uni is very high! Therefore I'm likely to be going to RH (yay) BUT I wasn't able to fill in an application for accommodation as it wasn't my firm choice. I'll have to apply for accommodation with all the people applying though clearing. Do you know how quickly the accommodation fills up and if I'm likely to get what it want? ie I really don't want to be in catered accommodation! I completely understand if you don't know btw!
I've not done A Levels, I'm an Access student that is on a reserve list for mental health nursing at Swansea uni, but tomorrow (well, later this morning I guess) I may find out if a place becomes available to me. So while I'm kiiind of hoping someone does not perform as well as they hoped in their A Levels and I snipe their place (sorry!) I feel as tense as the rest of you despite me already knowing my results. Gah!
Original post by ReTakingF324/5
Best to expect the worse and prepare than assume you did amazing

It's wise to prepare yourself of that slight possibility of you not doing so great, it's only natural to do that. But beating yourself up, letting your nerves eat you up, and going over it again and again is crazy (I know how that feels, when you get your grades you'll just think, I wish I was more relaxed and calm-I do this now when recieving my uni results)

That's my advice to anyone who is anticipating their results, stay calm for the last few hours, deep breaths.
Reply 7630
Original post by LongtailRat
I've not done A Levels, I'm an Access student that is on a reserve list for mental health nursing at Swansea uni, but tomorrow (well, later this morning I guess) I may find out if a place becomes available to me. So while I'm kiiind of hoping someone does not perform as well as they hoped in their A Levels and I snipe their place (sorry!) I feel as tense as the rest of you despite me already knowing my results. Gah!

this is interesting. your success would be determined by another person's failure, whilst they're looking for over-performance you're actually profiting from their potential under-performance
Original post by tomlam
I'll start the job application for LIDL now in that case :P

Aldi is actually better ngl

But I'd save yourself from completing thag application, you will be fine! Good luck! :-)
I'm sure you've all done great, best of luck folks! Get some kip!
Original post by Yua
this is interesting. your success would be determined by another person's failure, whilst they're looking for over-performance you're actually profiting from their potential under-performance

Sad but true. Or, more positively, hopefully maybe somebody performs better than they anticipated and manage to meet the requirements of their first choice uni and don't need their insurance Swansea place!
Reply 7634
Well the good thing about being tired is if things are bad you can't be sad because you won't have the energy.
Original post by 10Fatanda
Thanks will take your advice now. What is done is done my results can't change.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that sweetie but let the last few moments be happy. And then after that, you can decide how you feel when you open your results! (Hopefully it will be positive and you get the grades you worked hard for)
Just got my results and were ok except Aqa ict which was meant to be my strongest subject I ended up with 2cs this is a subject I got As in during my mock and did extra reading and all. Even when I came I out the exam I felt very confident cause of questions were repeated ones from previous papers....just thought I should share my experience and wish everyone the best of luck
Original post by Kanade Tachibana
Royal Holloway is my insurance choice but the offer for my firm uni is very high! Therefore I'm likely to be going to RH (yay) BUT I wasn't able to fill in an application for accommodation as it wasn't my firm choice. I'll have to apply for accommodation with all the people applying though clearing. Do you know how quickly the accommodation fills up and if I'm likely to get what it want? ie I really don't want to be in catered accommodation! I completely understand if you don't know btw!

On the website it says that you will get accommodation as an insurance choice and I know people have got really nice self-catered accommodation from their insurance choice (I.e. Gowar and Wedderburn Halls). You should be absolutely fine but be proactive and ring them tomorrow to try and find out what is the best available accommodation left! *Good Luck!!!
Original post by shoppy_
Just got my results and were ok except Aqa ict which was meant to be my strongest subject I ended up with 2cs this is a subject I got As in during my mock and did extra reading and all. Even when I came I out the exam I felt very confident cause of questions were repeated ones from previous papers....just thought I should share my experience and wish everyone the best of luck
How the hell do you have your results? I get mine at 9AM at the earliest.
I get mine 6AM UK Time but I'm not in the UK so I'll have to wait till 7AM here 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest