The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hey!
I did Biology ASPhysics ASand Chemistry A level(the whole thing)thats all cie board.
I got a High B in Bio and got predicted A
Physics got C away from B by 2-3 marks. Predicted A
Chemistry doingth entire thing.
I did Bio and Phy in Oct Nov 15
Bio this year went good. Paper 4and 5 were good Allhamdullilah.
Physics was weirdish easy but hard?!
Chem was so bad. Paper 4 was so bad like girls were crying.
papee 2 was okay.
Paper 3 and 5 were okag too.
Paper 1 left.
Im worries the most for Chem.
I aimed for A* but its all down to A or B ;(;(
The syllabus changed and all papers were different.
I worked so hard😭😭 but im not satisfied.😭😭

I wantto do Psychology. Bachelors inScience
I heard that the result is on 10 August. _-_.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by A.S.J
Hey!
I did Biology A2 Physics A2 and Chemistry A level(the whole thing)thats all cie board.
I got a High B in Bio and got predicted A
Physics got C away from B by 2-3 marks. Predicted A
Chemistry doingth entire thing.
I did Bio and Phy in Oct Nov 15
Bio this year went good. Paper 4and 5 were good Allhamdullilah.
Physics was weirdish easy but hard?!
Chem was so bad. Paper 4 was so bad like girls were crying.
papee 2 was okay.
Paper 3 and 5 were okag too.
Paper 1 left.
Im worries the most for Chem.
I aimed for A* but its all down to A or B ;(;(
The syllabus changed and all papers were different.
I worked so hard😭😭 but im not satisfied.😭😭

I wantto do Psychology. Bachelors inScience
I heard that the result is on 10 August. _-_.

How come you sat your A2's in November?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
I'm definitely doing the tectonics 40 marker haha, I've decided before I even get in the exam! I haven't started revision for geog 4B yet but it should be straight forward. What UMS did you get in AS geog?

Posted from TSR Mobile

172. I blame GEOG2, as I got 92% in GEOG1.

Aiming for an A* this year (well, I need an A for uni). How about you?
Original post by Peppercrunch
172. I blame GEOG2, as I got 92% in GEOG1.

Aiming for an A* this year (well, I need an A for uni). How about you?

Very nice! Resitting geog 2? I got 196 - 140/56 respectively. I'm aiming for an A* too pfft.

I swear GEOG4B will either make me or break me, it could either clench me the A* or I'll do crap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emiloujess
:hello: Hello again! Are you at university now? How's that going?

A-Levels: AQA Sociology, OCR Psychology and WJEC Film Studies.
AS Grades: ABC respectively (I also have EEUU from a failed attempt at year 12)
Firm University/Course: Journalism, Media & Sociology at Cardiff
Required Grades: ABB.

Only had one exam so far. I retook the Film exam from last year. I don't really know how it went to be honest. :cookie:

I never thought I'd be posting on here as an A2 with a university offer :eek3:

Did you retake modules or the whole year?
Original post by limadima
Did you retake modules or the whole year?

The whole year :smile: I was doing Bio, Chem, Maths and Psych (AQA Psych though). Then I moved colleges and changed subjects.
Reply 66

Posted from TSR Mobile

No i dis my AS in nov 2015 my A2 now. I have one paper paper 1 for chem ledt
I'm doing A2 History, English Literature and Philosophy, but my exams haven't started yet. I've done quite a bit of revision so I'm hoping everything goes alright. Hopefully I'll be going to Birmingham to study History, but I always worry about results day, every single year! I get really superstitious about everything, aha.
Reply 68

Posted from TSR Mobile

I fixed it... sorry
Original post by emiloujess
The whole year :smile: I was doing Bio, Chem, Maths and Psych (AQA Psych though). Then I moved colleges and changed subjects.

Was it worth doing the whole year again? Because am predicting to get ACDDE and would really want AAA at year 13, should I retake modules or do the year again?
Original post by limadima
Was it worth doing the whole year again? Because am predicting to get ACDDE and would really want AAA at year 13, should I retake modules or do the year again?

It was worth it for me. Looking back I'm actually glad I failed that year. I'm now at a college I like doing subjects I love and have a conditional place at a better uni than I would have managed had I scraped through that year 13.

You're AS? I wouldn't retake the whole year with that A... Maybe retake a few modules. You might have done better than you thought so wait until Results Day before making any decisions :smile:
Original post by oswalds
I'm doing A2 History, English Literature and Philosophy, but my exams haven't started yet. I've done quite a bit of revision so I'm hoping everything goes alright. Hopefully I'll be going to Birmingham to study History, but I always worry about results day, every single year! I get really superstitious about everything, aha.

Oooh, same subjects! What boards and units? :smile:
Original post by alevez2ez
Of course you are smart enough. Those subjects just do not appeal to everyone and are quite tough!

They truly are! Good luck with your results and enjoy your summer! :smile:

Thank you!:smile: Good luck for your results too and you too! :smile:
Original post by ivybridge
Oooh, same subjects! What boards and units? :smile:

Ah, cool! They seem to be a really good combination, they fit together quite well :smile: I do OCR History with Thatcher for the coursework and American civil rights for the exam, AQA A English Literature with Othello, A View from the Bridge and The Picture of Dorian Gray for the coursework and love through the ages for the exam and Edexcel Philosophy with the philosophy section on Unit 3 and implications of the study of philosophy of religion for unit 4. What about you?
Are you AS or A2? 2 x AS Subjects and 1 x A2
What subjects are you taking? AS Philosophy, AS German & A2 Sociology
How are exams going? What's done is done!! I think my philosophy one went awesome (but it was three hours long...it was too long)
To which university are you hoping to go? I have nooo idea, I was thinking about leeds but I need to do a lot of research over next few months now that I've practically decided upon course.
To study which subject? Joint Honours German & ab initio another language
How are you feeling about results day? Pretty excited tbh.
Anything else to add? I only had 2 AS exams (I had my oral german back in April) and they both fell on the same day :///, but then I had 31 days until my next exam after those lmao... loving the huge gap I have to revise for Sociology.

I need to start looking into unis again now actually.
Original post by oswalds
Ah, cool! They seem to be a really good combination, they fit together quite well :smile: I do OCR History with Thatcher for the coursework and American civil rights for the exam, AQA A English Literature with Othello, A View from the Bridge and The Picture of Dorian Gray for the coursework and love through the ages for the exam and Edexcel Philosophy with the philosophy section on Unit 3 and implications of the study of philosophy of religion for unit 4. What about you?

How annoying, you literally do none of my stuff!

English Literature - AQA B

1. Elements of the Gothic

- The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Macbeth by Shakespeare

2. Critical Coursework

- Feminist Anthology
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett

3. Comparative Coursework

- Maurice by E.M. Forster
- Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin
- Regeneration by Pat Barker

History - AQA

1. HIS3N - Aspects of International Relations, 1945-2004

2. HIS4X - The European Witch-Craze from 1484-1648

Religious Studies - OCR

1. Philosophy of Religion

2. Religious Ethics
AS or A2: A2
Which subjects: AQA Biology, AQA Chemistry, Edexcel French
How are exams going? Haven't had any yet, just my biology and chemistry empas (chemistry was awful). My first is Unit 2 chemistry on the 10th
University: University of Reading - Nutrition and Food science
Required grades? ABB but I'm aiming to get AAB
How are you feeling about results day? Lol, I want to die when I think about it. I'm predicted A*AA but there is no way I'm getting that. I'm kinda excited though to (hopefully) get school over and done with
Very nice! Resitting geog 2? I got 196 - 140/56 respectively. I'm aiming for an A* too pfft.

I swear GEOG4B will either make me or break me, it could either clench me the A* or I'll do crap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, I don't need to resit GEOG2 as I got a middling A. If it was like 161 UMS, then I'd resit. I have a feeling that if I had actually revised for geography, I would've got higher UMS. (3/4 topics were the same as GCSE).

Yea, GEO4B is mainly pot luck in terms of the questions you can get. From government plans to fracking in America, you really can't tell :biggrin:.
Original post by SH0405
The 18th August may seem a long way away, but with exams now in full swing, it will be upon us in the blink of an eye. I thought I'd make this thread (again) having received my A2 results last year. Useful stuff will inevitably be added to this thread as time progresses. In the mean time, post your thoughts regarding exams, results day, university and perhaps predict what grades you'll get. Good Luck!

Questions

Are you AS or A2?

What subjects are you taking?

How are exams going?/How did they go?

To which university are you hoping to go?

To study which subject?

What grades are required?

What grades are you predicted?

How are you feeling about results day?

Anything else to add?

Stuff

Countdown Timer [credit to @emiloujess] : Click here.

Ahhhhhh it's quite scary that it's this close!!
I'm doing A2 having done AS year twice because of medical reasons :s-smilie:
I take Psychology, Sociology and English Lit and have an E in AS biology (wooooooo!)
I'm not sure if this is good or not but my exams haven't started and seeing reactions online to ones so far is scaring me a bit (although apparently Edexcel were really nice with the psych resits so I can but hope :wink:)
I'm hoping to go to Chichester to study Psychology and luckily they only want BBB (which is still a lot I guess, but the lowest of all my uni choices!) and I was predicted A*AA but I didn't want to put too much pressure on myself which is why they want lower than I'm hopefully capeable (problems of being a massive perfectionist I guess)!!
Results day... well anything will be better than my mocks (UUU) so yeah, I'm holding out for it being okay!
Anything else? Hmmmm, my dream job is to play in a West End orchestra but that's like gold dust so maybe I'll settle for being a counsellor and use my money to go and see lots of shows :tongue:
Original post by 08graya
Ahhhhhh it's quite scary that it's this close!!
I'm doing A2 having done AS year twice because of medical reasons :s-smilie:
I take Psychology, Sociology and English Lit and have an E in AS biology (wooooooo!)
I'm not sure if this is good or not but my exams haven't started and seeing reactions online to ones so far is scaring me a bit (although apparently Edexcel were really nice with the psych resits so I can but hope :wink:)
I'm hoping to go to Chichester to study Psychology and luckily they only want BBB (which is still a lot I guess, but the lowest of all my uni choices!) and I was predicted A*AA but I didn't want to put too much pressure on myself which is why they want lower than I'm hopefully capeable (problems of being a massive perfectionist I guess)!!
Results day... well anything will be better than my mocks (UUU) so yeah, I'm holding out for it being okay!
Anything else? Hmmmm, my dream job is to play in a West End orchestra but that's like gold dust so maybe I'll settle for being a counsellor and use my money to go and see lots of shows :tongue:

Which exam board for Sociology? :smile: Yup I have an E in Bio too haha :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest