The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by korrin
If we get our papers remarked and they change, can a university revert the rejection?

If it says Unconditional, then a remark won't change anything :nah:

Original post by izzy_hill
How long do universities take to email you themselves? Birmingham haven't said anything yet D:

now i'm impatient for my accommodation offer as well

That depends on the Uni. When I went to Warwick, they didn't email for 2 weeks! :tongue:

Original post by strawberry06
I am sooooo happy right now
I got an A for AS Maths and to my surprise, I got an A for all 3 modules- C1, C2 and S1
I hope I can maintain it for next year though

Well done! :smile:

Original post by lolkenneth12
i just dont know why ucl was so mean that rejected me cause i am ABB from the offer AAB :frown:
i was crying so hard

:console: . Did you get into your insurance?
Doing computer studies at LJMU.Got 400 ucas pointsNot sure what i got for English Language as i still haven't received my result for it.Did FS maths level 2 - but failed it by 8 marks.Got an email from ljmu admission saying that there may be a possibility which i may not get in because of my maths result, however my UCAS has still not been updated.Is there still hope?
Original post by Crozzer24
Anyone else feel disappointed? I met my firm offer but messed up 3 of my 11 exams which cost me an A* in maths/econ, is it worth me resitting individual exams at uni next year?

Nope. Not worth it. Don't do it. Focus entirely on being brilliant next year. Year 1 may not count towards your degree classification but it will be on your transcript and it's important to get those foundations.
Got into my uni, but got AAB - the B was in geography my strongest subject, and I'm only 3 points off an A - worth remarking or should I leave it?
Can anyone help? I got 3 B's which I'm happy with considering I'm eligible for adjustment and can apply for better universities, but I'm sort of in between the top grades and universities and the lower ones, and I need some advice for adjustment. I phoned up Reading who want ABB and on the phone,I felt they were tempted to offer me a place, but I didn't quite have enough and so they will only take me if I get a remark up to an A which is unlikely. I'm trying Liverpool but their phone lines seem to be busy constantly. What can i do to convince a better uni I can be successful at their uni???
Does anyone else who's gotten into the University of Birmingham know when to expect an email from them, particularly regarding accommodation? I'm watching my emails like a hawk to make sure I don't miss out but would like a timeframe
Original post by Nirgilis
If it says Unconditional, then a remark won't change anything :nah:

That depends on the Uni. When I went to Warwick, they didn't email for 2 weeks! :tongue:

Well done! :smile:

:console: . Did you get into your insurance?

yea i ended up in durham
feelsbadman
Original post by chiarax213
Got into my uni, but got AAB - the B was in geography my strongest subject, and I'm only 3 points off an A - worth remarking or should I leave it?

If you're into Uni it might not be worth it!
I done horrible guys i wanted to do medicine at university
I got CDDD at AS which is bad because my predicted me AABC for A2. I have dropped maths at AS and carrying on with BIO CHEM Physics. Does the maths grade count towards anything because it was not reformed? Anyone have any advice to give me on how to apply to university if i still want to medicine? Any help would be great
I was so sure that I was going to get an E in Literature, and somehow managed to get a C... :rofl:
Did Graphics, Photography and Maths and was stressing out on trying to get AAB since my UMS points were low last year for graphics and photography. Ended up getting 2 A*s and an A and I honestly don't know how! I hope everyone got what they wanted!
Original post by dilushlol
Did Graphics, Photography and Maths and was stressing out on trying to get AAB since my UMS points were low last year for graphics and photography. Ended up getting 2 A*s and an A and I honestly don't know how! I hope everyone got what they wanted!

That's brilliant! Congratulations :biggrin:
Original post by emiloujess
Aberystwyth has just released me :biggrin: I have a Clearing number!! For some reason though BU's system can't see that I'm in Clearing and they told me to phone back at 1pm. I'm actually sort of happy now because I'm one step closer. Still a way to go though!

YAY!

Original post by Vannzzoo
Nah it says unsuccessful

Oh I see

(sorry it's all a bit dribs and drabs let me check I understand: Warwick is your firm with an AAB offer, you got ABC and they've rejected you. You're now unconditional with your insurance (?) but because Warwick are asking for ABB for your course in clearing you're trying to get back to them?
If that's the case then I'm afraid you're unlikely to be successful. You can try re-ringing or asking to speak to someone more senior but I wouldn't hold out much hope - they wont have rejected you without consideration about whether they can take you with those grades - there's a good chance that they have evidence that people with ABC (or a C in that subject) are likely to fail or drop out of the course)
Will Unis become more lenient with clearing later in the day? If they can't fill places with their initial entry requirements?
AS student here, took Government and Politics, History, Economics and English Literature - I was predicted all A's for the whole year, never believed it, set myself targets of AABB for this year, and just got my results: All A's, full marks in politics. I'm shaking, feeling slightly sick, and immensely overwhelmed.

To be honest I just wanted to ask if there's any A level students here that took 4 A levels in year 13? If so, how did you do? Did it impact your results, or do you think you did the same as you would've taking only 3? I love all of my subjects, and I've been struggling all year to decide which one to drop - today didn't help T_T I just really want to know whether, with taking 4 A levels, I can still get As or A*s in all of them!! Probably not, and it's not something I'm seriously considering, but curious either way...

Well done everyone, be proud of your results no matter what, and remember that these results aren't the be all, end all of your life

P.S sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but I can't go through all 450+ pages of this forum D:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jayeshforce1
I done horrible guys i wanted to do medicine at university
I got CDDD at AS which is bad because my predicted me AABC for A2. I have dropped maths at AS and carrying on with BIO CHEM Physics. Does the maths grade count towards anything because it was not reformed? Anyone have any advice to give me on how to apply to university if i still want to medicine? Any help would be great

I think the best thing for you to do is apply once you have your A2 grades in hand but will tag some medicine people in who are much more knowledgeable than me (okay tags are still broken so i'd recommend you post in our medicines section, someone will be able to help there).
Reply 8896
Got into my firm, but am awaiting for an email from King's College for an offer through adjustment? Is anyone else waiting, I'm getting rather worried ahah
It does :smile: I actually cried when I read them because it was such a shock! Thank you! How did you do? I even managed to boost my resit from a U to a C - and i generally thought that I had done as badly as before :rofl:
Original post by vlb206
If you're into Uni it might not be worth it!

Ok thanks guys, I'll think over it some more, hopefully my school will pay but if not, then I'll just leave it and keep my money lol
Original post by strawberry06
I am sooooo happy right now
I got an A for AS Maths and to my surprise, I got an A for all 3 modules- C1, C2 and S1
I hope I can maintain it for next year though

You can if you work hard. However i got A's in C1 and C1 but d in c3 and e in c4

Quick Reply

Latest