The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fefssdf
Yh it's a funny old system ; wish everything was online and everyone could access it all at the same time lol cause when you walk in on results day your teachers know your grades but you can't ever tell whether they're pleased or not really

Yeahh I wish as well!!
Original post by Sacred Ground
How come you're doing A2 and haven't decided which Uni you're going to? Are you taking a gap year? And no, it isn't A*A*A for most places

I was actually gonna go to uni this year in Canada, but due circumstances, I'm having to take a gap year. A lot depends on results day now that I'll be applying with achieved grades.

What I meant was standard offers are around AAA-A*A*A for my course, so I'll be in a good position as long I achieve A*A*A.

Have you sat exams this time?
Original post by Ayman!
I was actually gonna go to uni this year in Canada, but due circumstances, I'm having to take a gap year. A lot depends on results day now that I'll be applying with achieved grades.

What I meant was standard offers are around AAA-A*A*A for my course, so I'll be in a good position as long I achieve A*A*A.

Ah I see! Best of luck to you mate. Indeed I have, I've just finished A2 geography, biology and chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fefssdf
Yh it does seem a bit suscpuous as I dunno why someone would join a what's app group with all these random people unless they were to gain something from it so maybe the person who leaked the papers told the others that this was the plan and now the girl is acting as if she was none the wiser ; she should've been revising anyway instead of being on what's app on the day of her exam -_-

It was a whatsapp group to help people
I was going to join it but decided not to because I had too much on my mind
I can see why she joined it and apparently it was really helpful
Original post by Ayman!

Good luck Ayman, hope it all goes well for you! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
It was a whatsapp group to help people
I was going to join it but decided not to because I had too much on my mind
I can see why she joined it and apparently it was really helpful

Woah lucky you didn't join it mate !
Reply 1586
Original post by fefssdf
She could use it as work experience for her PS for when she applies again during her gap year

If she plays it right, it could work out haha
Reply 1587
Original post by fefssdf
Yh it does seem a bit suscpuous as I dunno why someone would join a what's app group with all these random people unless they were to gain something from it so maybe the person who leaked the papers told the others that this was the plan and now the girl is acting as if she was none the wiser ; she should've been revising anyway instead of being on what's app on the day of her exam -_-

I was thinking the same too. One other thing that doesn't seem right is how only 4 people have been caught out as a result. Where are the other 36? It's a messed up scenario, but it is only fair that AQA assures all other Sociology students that this problem was dealt with correctly. At the end of the day, this will result in increased grade boundaries for the rest of us
Original post by S1939
I was thinking the same too. One other thing that doesn't seem right is how only 4 people have been caught out as a result. Where are the other 36? It's a messed up scenario, but it is only fair that AQA assures all other Sociology students that this problem was dealt with correctly. At the end of the day, this will result in increased grade boundaries for the rest of us

It's 40 people out of thousands who took the exam. This will have no impact on the grade boundaries.
Reply 1589
Original post by marioman
It's 40 people out of thousands who took the exam. This will have no impact on the grade boundaries.

How can AQA be sure that the leaked questions only reached 40 people??
It's a joke to think this wouldn't effect the grade boundaries...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys :tongue: i'm not from England so not doing A Levels but i'm doing Scottish Highers as equivalencies and I get my results on the 9th August so only 11 days left :tongue: i'm so nervous. Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 1592
Original post by Altun63
It's a joke to think this wouldn't effect the grade boundaries...
Posted from TSR Mobile

Taking 40 as 40. People don't use their common sense sometimes.
Did you do A level Sociology too?
Reply 1593
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Hey guys :tongue: i'm not from England so not doing A Levels but i'm doing Scottish Highers as equivalencies and I get my results on the 9th August so only 11 days left :tongue: i'm so nervous. Good luck everyone :smile:

Good luck too!
Don't mean to sound creepy, but do you have a Scottish accent?
If so, I think you scots have the best accent :biggrin:
Original post by S1939
Taking 40 as 40. People don't use their common sense sometimes.
Did you do A level Sociology too?

Yeah, I also found SCYL3 and 4 good, just hope this doesn't affect my grade as there's only 4-5 marks between each grade boundaries 🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is results day usually this late? Swear it's like 14th or something usually. This wait is killing me! I just want it done with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by S1939
Good luck too!
Don't mean to sound creepy, but do you have a Scottish accent?
If so, I think you scots have the best accent :biggrin:

Haha yes I do have a Scottish accent :biggrin:
I like my accent but people who aren't Scottish find it hard to understand us sometimes haha x
Original post by longsightdon
Is results day usually this late? Swear it's like 14th or something usually. This wait is killing me! I just want it done with

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed, it was the 13th last year I believe. I've heard it's because they can only hold results day on Thursdays or some nonsense like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know when the AQA grade boundaries will be released?
Reply 1599
Original post by supernerdural
Anyone know when the AQA grade boundaries will be released?

17th

Quick Reply

Latest