The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Heres a question:

Say i need A*A*A for my uni and i get A*AA and i get rejected but after remarking i get the A*A*A, would the Uni have to accept me again or will the initial rejection be final ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know about anyone else but I almost don't care at the moment (obviously on the day I will care...I hope), but right now, it's like whatever.

What will be, will be...

I've just cried too many tears this year and I'm just over it. Too numb now to give a ****
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
YES. Nightmares mostly. :ahhhhh:What do your dreams consist of? :afraid:

Waking up to a bunch of different results. Sometimes they're good. Sometimes they're bad :dontknow: you?

Also, love your name! That song is great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I don't know about anyone else but I almost don't care at the moment (obviously on the day I will care...I hope), but right now, it's like whatever.

What will be, will be...

I've just cried too many tears this year and I'm just over it. Too numb now to give a ****

Ill need that apple in your profile pic on results day.
Original post by Kadak
Ill need that apple in your profile pic on results day.

I need it more than you, trust me!
Original post by Serine Soul
This is how I feel about biology :'(

Same. Biology was madness :frown::frown::frown:
Original post by Serine Soul
This is how I feel about biology :'(

Same. Biology was madness :frown::frown::frown:
Original post by UnknownAnon
Waking up to a bunch of different results. Sometimes they're good. Sometimes they're bad :dontknow: you?

Also, love your name! That song is great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't dreamt about my actual grades yet, maybe soon! :ahee:
Teachers - oh the disappointment and contempt on their faces. :rofl:
Thank you omg. :eek2:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I haven't dreamt about my actual grades yet, maybe soon! :ahee:
Teachers - oh the disappointment and contempt on their faces. :rofl:
Thank you omg. :eek2:

You're lucky! The problem with dreaming about grades, is that it either gets your hopes up or puts you in further doom.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're lucky! The problem with dreaming about grades, is that it either gets your hopes up or puts you in further doom.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imagine dreaming about your grades on results day... :afraid: It would be horrific...
Original post by PQ
Physics applications nationally have plummeted over the last few years. .

Thanks for the response. Are there any figures/statistics for this statement? I'd be quite interested in them if there are.
Anyone else start having results day dreams yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, I'm having them almost every day now :s-smilie: And they've all been horrible ugh
Reply 1892
I been freaking out about this day since September AND NOW ITS IN ALMOST 2 WEEKS WHAT **** SJVNDNSJCNSN
Original post by TrojanH
psya3 relationships killed me... **** group evolutionary
psya4 i learned an entire module (media) in lieu of addiction 3 days before, even tho that happened i found it great.

his3m everyone found it easy so fml those grade boundaries

do you have copies of questions? I just wanna look them over one last time. I've never been nervous about exams or results before, especially since I've got so much resting on it this time.

Original post by vik1234
I found psya3 and 4 okay but the evolutionary one was worded so weird i was thinking whether to include group display or not and schizophrenia was a repeat of the question last year :angry:

Yeah his3m was probs my best paper think it'll be the same boundaries 41/45 in each essay for an A* and 36 for an A.

Nah man have no questions but remember that for relationships it was formation and/or breakdown, sleep was circadian rhythms and aggression which was the bs one.
hism3 was the eu thatcher and conservative governemnts 51-64

Question papers for AQA Summer 2016 can be found in the first post. Just scroll down to where the sub heading says 'Exam Papers & Mark Schemes'. x
Original post by SigCig
Heres a question:

Say i need A*A*A for my uni and i get A*AA and i get rejected but after remarking i get the A*A*A, would the Uni have to accept me again or will the initial rejection be final ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your remark comes through before 31 August then most universities will TRY to take you. BUT for some universities that is just too late and they'll take you with deferred entry in the following year.

If you're getting remarks it's very important to notify your universities (firm and insurance) asap. And keep records of your phone calls (the number you dialled, the name and job title of the person you spoke to and what they said ). During results day don't be afraid to ask to speak to someone more senior if you get through to a temp on the phone initially.
Do universities receive all module marks across AS and A2 (everything you've done over the past 2 years) or just the final A-level grade?
Original post by tanyapotter
Do universities receive all module marks across AS and A2 (everything you've done over the past 2 years) or just the final A-level grade?

They receive all module marks (I think) but not UMS points
Reply 1897

Just grades. I remember reading an article saying that if you miss your course by 1-3 UMS and are still pending it's worth telling them because they won't know.

We get module grades that count towards the overall grade. But most universities won't look beyond the overall grades.

We don't get ums. And even if we did being 1 mark off a grade doesn't matter if you aren't getting a priority remark.
Original post by PQ
We don't get ums. And even if we did being 1 mark off a grade doesn't matter if you aren't getting a priority remark.

Perhaps not at your university but this can and does swing the decision on whether to accept someone who missed their offer at Cambridge they require those who missed their offer to send in all their UMS marks via email on results day.

Quick Reply