Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Student Finance Full-time/Part-time/CPR

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Here is the Story:

    After my first year I had to repeat few modules.
    I come back as a "part-time student on full-time basis"(SF sees this as simply full-time) redo few modules and pass(full funding from SF).

    Apply for funding for second year and I get it.
    Second year begins, halfway through first semester my mental health deteriorates further (generalised-anxiety and panic attacks) and I'm forced to take a leave of absence.

    Went into treatment, it helped.

    Reapply for student funding, my application is refused. Reason being I have used my "gift year" for my resits.
    Got a job and went uni part-time(only 2 modules) and paid for it myself.

    Now(like this week) I was made aware by student union that I can apply for Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) and that I was(and still am)eligible for part-time funding.

    How do I apply for CPR? Can't find anything official on-line. Already managed to get a letter from GP confirming that I couldn't attend during that period because of generalised-anxiety.

    Is this true? Can I get funding for part-time?? I was ill-advised by student finance and my university before so I don't fully trust the advice of the student union. Hopefully I can.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 26, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.