The Student Room Group

Worries about gcse english language higher tiers final grades

Hi everyone,

I am new to this Chat Room :smile:
I am a single mum of a three-year-old child. This academic year was extremely stressful, having to deal with teething, terrible twos and common colds, and studying for both GCSE Higher Maths and GCSE English Language within a eight months time frame.

I wish to do an Access To Higher Education course next academic year: in Social Science: Laws. I need a Level 2 in English and Maths. I passed my Foundation mock exam last December and passed my Higher Tiers Mock exam by only 46/80 four weeks ago. I am sitting the Higher Tiers exam in two weeks time. However, I did not complete one of my controlled assessments for my GCSE English Language. It is giving me concerns.

Can I still get a good grade (at least C) knowing I achieved:

00/30 for the Of Mice And Men CA

18/20 for the colour themed CA

17/20 for the film genre CA

17/20 for the English Language CA?

I would really appreciate some feedback, please. Especially from people who were in my situation in the past, are in my situation now, or who knows someone who was or is in my situation.

I couldn't bear to fail my GCSE English :frown: I worked so hard. Unfortunately, for personal reasons, I could not submit my first Controlled Assessment.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

:suitc::suitc::suitc: GOOD LUCK TO EVERYOnE SITTING THEIR FINAL EXAMS :suitc::suitc::suitc:

X Michelle-Annie
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending