The Student Room Group

Brexiters - Give me three reasons...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Supersaps
You're clearly not interested in any kind of actual debate, you just want to feel morally superior to people that want to leave the EU.

I echo the first responder to the thread.

You are an epic thundercunt.

What debate, i responded to your points already as they were the same as a previous posters, so i told you to read the thread for the answers to your pathetic and false reasons.

Im not trying to feel morally superior you just couldnt be bothered to read the thread.
Original post by TSRFT8
Had an argument with one of my teachers earlier about this.

I asked him to give me a reason as to why anyone should vote to leave the EU; his reply "Social security because of less immigrants"

Is this seriously all the leave campaign has? Its literally all i hear the same old "less immigrants more jobs"

I find it amusing as the majority of the people who want out are the usual racist, unemployed and uneducated morons, without an actual clue as to what a leave vote would mean.

So apart from the usual "immigrants teking our jubs" what else does a leave vote offer?

Discuss - Entertain - Amuse

as a non racist, self employed and saving for a £100,000 a year educational program and a series of £25,000 seminars

i will go with less red tape and taxes
freedom to change our own laws without having to tell Brussels
far easier to start a business with non european based trade when out of the EU than in
+1 vote for epic thundercunt.
Original post by TSRFT8
Wow false facts, let me correct you.

With regards to point above; Not true. The European Commission doesn’t make laws. It only makes proposals, which are then debated, amended and passed (or rejected) by elected national governments and directly-elected MEPs.

In any case, Commissioners themselves are accountable to the European Parliament, which elects its president, approves its appointment and can dismiss it by a vote of no confidence

Further; your last point highlights and echoes my original post.

No that's not true, let me correct you.

The European Commission makes laws, the European Parliament (that contains elected members) cannot propose legislation, nor reject it. As I said they can only "advise and consult" the European Commission. That is a fact whether you like it or not. If you think national governments are involved in making laws then you are very mistaken indeed.

Please go and actually do some research instead of spreading lies and false information.

However you are right that the president is elected, even though the EU actually has 4 presidents.
Original post by TomTheImp
No that's not true, let me correct you.

The European Commission makes laws, the European Parliament (that contains elected members) cannot propose legislation, nor reject it. As I said they can only "advise and consult" the European Commission. That is a fact whether you like it or not. If you think national governments are involved in making laws then you are very mistaken indeed.

Please go and actually do some research instead of spreading lies and false information.

However you are right that the president is elected, even though the EU actually has 4 presidents.

Firstly you just contradicted yourself.

Secondly i am correct as the people who are elected are held accountable. When a bill is made in this country it goes through the House of Lords (who are not elected) so what exactly is your point?

Its the same principle that SOMEONE is accountable and that someone is elected.
Original post by jamesthehustler

i will go with less red tape and taxes
freedom to change our own laws without having to tell Brussels
far easier to start a business with non european based trade when out of the EU than in

What red tape and taxes do you refer to?
And which laws can't we change that we would want to?
As for foreign trade out of the EU? How would that be easier. It isn't particularly hard now. You just have to pay the necessary duties depending on where you are exporting. Outside the EU, you will still have to pay those duties just as those importing to the UK similarly have to pay import duty depending on what the product is.
Original post by TSRFT8
Firstly you just contradicted yourself.

Secondly i am correct as the people who are elected are held accountable. When a bill is made in this country it goes through the House of Lords (who are not elected) so what exactly is your point?

Its the same principle that SOMEONE is accountable and that someone is elected.

Because the House of Lords can only delay legislation for up to a year, and can't even delay financial ones (budgets.) It's just a revision chamber.

Do your research please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by ByEeek
As for foreign trade out of the EU? How would that be easier. It isn't particularly hard now. You just have to pay the necessary duties depending on where you are exporting. Outside the EU, you will still have to pay those duties just as those importing to the UK similarly have to pay import duty depending on what the product is.

tampon tax is an eu controlled law for a start
and well that's enough to give you do some research
Original post by TSRFT8
Had an argument with one of my teachers earlier about this.

I asked him to give me a reason as to why anyone should vote to leave the EU; his reply "Social security because of less immigrants"

Is this seriously all the leave campaign has? Its literally all i hear the same old "less immigrants more jobs"

I find it amusing as the majority of the people who want out are the usual racist, unemployed and uneducated morons, without an actual clue as to what a leave vote would mean.

So apart from the usual "immigrants teking our jubs" what else does a leave vote offer?

Discuss - Entertain - Amuse

You sound like a closet masochist. You obviously enjoy being told what to do :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 30
Retain all money spent on EU contributions.
Access to cheaper world food prices.
Reduce net immigration to sustainable levels.

Is this a joke...
Original post by BaronK
Retain all money spent on EU contributions.
Access to cheaper world food prices.
Reduce net immigration to sustainable levels.

1) What about the money we make from the EU - Some 4 times the amount we put in
2) CBA
3) What about the flexibilty of right now, where you can go work in France, Spain etc, what about the people who own businesses and will be affected and because of this will cut jobs to subsidise the money they will lose?

Immigration is being used as a scapegoat as the leave campaign has literally **** all else. Look at every reply on this thread

Then you will start complaining about MORE unemployment...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by TSRFT8
1) What about the money we make from the EU - Some 4 times the amount we put in
2) CBA
3) What about the flexibilty of right now, where you can go work in France, Spain etc, what about the people who own businesses and will be affected and because of this will cut jobs to subsidise the money they will lose?

Then you will start complaining about MORE unemployment...

1) I'm not sure what you mean. We're a net importer and net contributor. Either way, trade will continue come remain or leave.
2) Thanks for accepting your defeat here.
3) You'd most likely have to get a visa to work abroad? That's hardly the be all and all.
It won't stop immigration, those with desired skills are obviously going to continue to migrate.
I did not contradict myself you were spreading lies about the European Commission law making but what you said about the president is correct.
Original post by TSRFT8
Is this a joke...

nope the
eu shredded offers when he tried to get it quashed last year after people went on a bloody protest
nope the
eu shredded offers when he tried to get it quashed last year after people went on a bloody protest

Sure, but is that really the best thing you could come up with or something.

Honestly i PERSONALLY feel the leave campaign is clutching on straws and finding petty issues to try and build a debate but its just going no where. I dont mean it to sound offensive its just my own personal opinion and sure its probably biased.

I thought you might mention that. So we need to leave the EU so that women can buy tampons at a slightly reduced rate?

Is that the best you can do?
Original post by ByEeek

The red tape, for example, is the 12,600 EU laws that are related to bread. Regulations make it more difficult for businesses and the economy to thrive. A lack of regulations is why the German economy recovered so well after ww2. Another example is that 20% of British onion produce is thrown away because it does not meet EU standards (it is the wrong shape).

You don't seem to know much about foreign trading. A free trade deal means that tariffs are not put on imported products and if we export to the country then tariffs are not put on our products. Being in the EU means that we cannot form our own trade deals, the EU has complete control over this. It took the EU six years to negotiate a trade deal with Canada. Outside of the EU we can form our own trade deals.
Also the Eu currently has a barrier preventing certain products from Africa being imported because that would compete with businesses in Eastern EU countries. Leaving could therefore resulting in lower prices when buying groceries.
Original post by TSRFT8
Sure, but is that really the best thing you could come up with or something.

Honestly i PERSONALLY feel the leave campaign is clutching on straws and finding petty issues to try and build a debate but its just going no where. I dont mean it to sound offensive its just my own personal opinion and sure its probably biased.

You don't seem to be able to argue for the remain campaign without spitting out lies or insults.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending