Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Aqa AS English Lit paper 26th May Paper 2

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi I feel I've done badly in the exam and I can't tell what I've got can someone help me I really need help and advice just found out that I can't retake the subjects next year😡
    How are villains seen as causing physical harm
    -villains use physical beauty
    -Isabella's brothers caused physical harm as they killed Lorenzo and they also killed Isabella by doing that
    - la belle- title of the poem shows she will cause harm
    - Uses of body parts to describe knight show physical harm and same with Isabella (used quotes
    - Talked about rhyme scheme and how it affects poem
    - Talked about extract and picked out quotes

Gatsby- how does his obsession with Daisy cause his tragic isolation
    -obsession is his tragic flaw so it is going to cause his downfall in terms of tragedy
    - his obsession with time and wanting daisy to be how he was 5 years ago
    - He risks himself for love as he thinks by doing that she will love him
    - People could say that Tom or George caused his downfall but his obsession with daisy caused him to say he was driving and caused him to die
    - He got into bootlegging to try and get into a better class and got punished for it as Fitzgerald shows that the American Dream is unattainable as even when you've made it you're never completely happy
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 26, 2016
TSR Support Team
Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.