The Student Room Group

Failed my AS levels :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 160998
I'm so disappointed in myself right now. I'm in my first year of 6th form studying maths, english, history, philosophy and ethics.
After getting over the disgusting ocr maths C1 paperlast week, none of my other exams have gone well. It completely shocked me as I had worked so hard, and I went into my history exam the same day upset, then did badly.
I had my second to last exam today, where I now have a two week gap until my next. It was English, supposedly my best subject and what I wanted to do at uni, and I have never written so badly. My hand was shaking and no points were coming to my head.
I'm so so so angry at myself. I did work hard, but it has not shown in my exams.
I wanted AABB this year, but honestly dont see a chance in me getting any Bs at all.
I'll have to take a gap year when I wanted to go to uni next year.
I'm just so dissappointed and exhausted. I have two weeks to do stats before my next paper and honestly right now don't even know if I've passed maths, that's how bad it was. Also feel as if I've wasted my parents money on a maths tutor. :colonhash:
Is anyone else in a similar situation? And if so what are you going to do?

Just don't put your as results on your uni application, let them use your predicted grades. Not all schools are doing as levels and you don't have to declare them. They do not go towards a2 so as long as you don't cock those up you'll be fine.Even if you get crap end results, you can just go to a less prestigious uni that you will have just as good a time at.
Original post by 160998
That's amazing! I got CCDD in my mocks and wanted to do the same as you. Guess it's too late now, maybe next year :frown:
I worked very hard and I don't know what went wrong, but thankyou!! Irrelevant but I'm a girl haha

You did much better than me in my mocks. Doing bad in mocks hurts so much, I always felt my teachers to be looking 'down' on me, students alike.

I came out of most my exams thinking I failed. Low grade boundaries saved me, they can save you too.

So stop worrying over your mistakes and start focusing on the future exams to come. Like I said if you worked hard, it will show. 2 silly mistakes are not going to destroy that pathway.

And sorry for assuming you to be a guy.
Original post by alevez2ez
For Math, I did the hardest questions at the end of the *chapters. I encountered the same question in the actual paper itself. Do these + all past papers from 2013 and you can get an easy A.

Thank you very much :h:
Reply 23
Original post by alevez2ez
You did much better than me in my mocks. Doing bad in mocks hurts so much, I always felt my teachers to be looking 'down' on me, students alike.

I came out of most my exams thinking I failed. Low grade boundaries saved me, they can save you too.

So stop worrying over your mistakes and start focusing on the future exams to come. Like I said if you worked hard, it will show. 2 silly mistakes are not going to destroy that pathway.

And sorry for assuming you to be a guy.

Thankyou so much, that's very true. Atleast you proved them all wrong! I'll just try and stay hopeful
Original post by 160998
I'm so disappointed in myself right now. I'm in my first year of 6th form studying maths, english, history, philosophy and ethics.
After getting over the disgusting ocr maths C1 paperlast week, none of my other exams have gone well. It completely shocked me as I had worked so hard, and I went into my history exam the same day upset, then did badly.
I had my second to last exam today, where I now have a two week gap until my next. It was English, supposedly my best subject and what I wanted to do at uni, and I have never written so badly. My hand was shaking and no points were coming to my head.
I'm so so so angry at myself. I did work hard, but it has not shown in my exams.
I wanted AABB this year, but honestly dont see a chance in me getting any Bs at all.
I'll have to take a gap year when I wanted to go to uni next year.
I'm just so dissappointed and exhausted. I have two weeks to do stats before my next paper and honestly right now don't even know if I've passed maths, that's how bad it was. Also feel as if I've wasted my parents money on a maths tutor. :colonhash:
Is anyone else in a similar situation? And if so what are you going to do?

I really feel for you because I was in this position last year - always been an A*/A student and came out with ABBBC after a really bad exam sesh. Thought I wouldn't get in anywhere and was so disappointed in myself. Few months later, here I am accepted into every uni I applied to (for English) and my firm choice is the university of Cambridge. Don't give up x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Science_help
it is misleading.

Lol what do you mean my standards, I was speaking for the many people that fail.
Failure in a levels is objective , not subjective, not getting what you want is not failing a levels!

At the same time, OP has high expectations and therefore feels failure the same way as someone who got E's/U's. It's not fair for you to tell OP to get over it, they can be upset too, just because you don't see it as failure they obviously feel they can do much better.
Reply 26
Original post by emsybearboho
I really feel for you because I was in this position last year - always been an A*/A student and came out with ABBBC after a really bad exam sesh. Thought I wouldn't get in anywhere and was so disappointed in myself. Few months later, here I am accepted into every uni I applied to (for English) and my firm choice is the university of Cambridge. Don't give up x

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly how I feel, although I would be very happy with those grades! Did you get the A in English? I would really like to go to uni next year, I'll just see what happens
Reply 27
Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
New specification? The grades wouldn't count though unless it's a really poor one.

Maths, philosophy and ethics count for me. Typically maths has been my worst exam, so hopefully will retake next year unless the grade boundary is very very low
Original post by 160998
That's exactly how I feel, although I would be very happy with those grades! Did you get the A in English? I would really like to go to uni next year, I'll just see what happens

Failure is subjective I suppose haha :smile: yes I did get the A in English - wishing you all the luck in the world x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest