The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths 2016 grade boundary predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meechy darko
anyone know what it would be for a C on the foundation paper?

Let's just say, I'm hoping its not high:s-smilie:
Reply 41
I think It'll be 132 marks for an A
Around 100 for a B
I reckon i got around 132 marks in total.

What grade could this be?
Original post by J2233
I think It'll be 132 marks for an A
Around 100 for a B

I think 132 is way too low for an A. My mock grade boundaries were around that range but last year they increased it to 140 or 138 I believe. I am slightly worried that because people have been saying that it was easy (even though I found the second one quite difficult towards the end which is normal) that they'lI increase it to 75% (or 150 for a A). (Or the world implodes, everyone dies and they reveal their secret plot to be 99% A*, 98% A XD). I am just hoping that the boundaries are as low as the probality that the tennis match is cancelled and it does not rain.
I think that I got 79 on the first paper and maybe a 83/ 84 on the second... which totals to either 162/163... would that be an A or an A*
Reply 45
I think a B because normally the grade boundaries are based around: 85%=A* and 65%=A
Reply 46
Original post by anna-mackinlay

Hey do you know how much is needed all together for a B
Reply 47
Original post by 1402
I think a B because normally the grade boundaries are based around: 85%=A* and 65%=A

Sorry, what mark do you think a B is going to be?
Reply 48
I got around 45/54 does anyone know what grade i will get?
Reply 49
Original post by AAD1LH
I got around 45/54 does anyone know what grade i will get?

If you were doing higher then to get a grade C you need to get 70 marks - that is the minimum. Anything above that is of course higher grades. 70 marks in total, combined papers. Hope that answers your question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AAD1LH
Hey do you know how much is needed all together for a B

You can't get a B in foundation
Reply 51

140 Marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher did say that it might be 150 overall. But with the way the exams were, I'm hoping its not, hopefully its 140 or less
Reply 53
You can't get a B in foundation

I meant higher
Apparently it's gonna be 65 for a C
Reply 55
Original post by Tavi19
If you were doing higher then to get a grade C you need to get 70 marks - that is the minimum. Anything above that is of course higher grades. 70 marks in total, combined papers. Hope that answers your question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes thanks, I don't think I made it clear, I meant i got around 97 marks overall.
Reply 56
Original post by AAD1LH
Yes thanks, I don't think I made it clear, I meant i got around 97 marks overall.

Do you know roughly the minimum for a B is overall?
Reply 57
Original post by DeanLeitch
Apparently it's gonna be 65 for a C

Do you mean 65 as in one paper or overall?
Original post by AAD1LH
I meant higher

Oh I really wouldn't know, I did foundation
Reply 59
guys if i got about 174 altogether for the higher paper what do you think that would be?

Quick Reply

Latest