The Student Room Group

The Media blackout on Paris riots

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scrotgrot

The protesters in France are normal working people angered that the government is trying to get rid of their employment protections

Which are the reason France has such a high unemployment rate lol. Everyone knows that.
OP the reason is because the French have rioted over everything. They're known for it so it isn't news when it happens
Original post by KimKallstrom
OP the reason is because the French have rioted over everything. They're known for it so it isn't news when it happens

As long as my supply of Camembert Cheese is maintained they can riot to their hearts content. :biggrin:
This was on The Times' front page this morning

Must have been a boring day
Original post by democracyforum
Why is this ?

I thought it would be big news.

1. There is no blackout, it's still on the front page of the BBC News homepage and has been covered by all major British news stations.

2. The riots started out as strikes. It's not exactly a staggering new development that there are strikes in France, it's a running joke that the stereotypical Frenchman is always on strike, as surely as he is holding a baguette and wearing a necklace made of onions.

3. The strikes are about a very complex piece of French employment legislation which is not relevant to the UK or any other European country. It's strictly an internal matter which will probably be resolved in a week or two after negotiations. As such its not really of interest to anyone who is not in France. I wouldn't expect French media to be widely covering our NHS strike beyond a couple of lines either.
Why are you so concern about this?
Original post by Mathemagicien
Paris is always having riots

rioting is quite the tradition in France. like the Air Traffic Controllers' strike...
Original post by chemting
"Le vending machine is broken. Viva la Revolution!" - France

Posted from TSR Mobile

**** I was laughing out loud at this when working. Every one in office looking at me. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending