The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE's attitudes towards UMS scores

Hi, I'm looking to apply for economics next year at the LSE and I've heard they often ask for UMS scores (mainly maths I'm guessing)
I did well in C1 and should get around 95UMS however I had a bad day in C2 and think I will have got more like 85 UMS. Will this mean I won't get an offer from LSE?

Thanks, serious replies would be appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Are you doing C34? Those are more critical as far as the course content in lse goes. C12 is really a test of how careless you can be, it doesn't say much about your mathematical facility.

On a side note I don't even know if lse will see them anyway. I thought only Cambridge asks for them ?

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by lecafe88
Are you doing C34? Those are more critical as far as the course content in lse goes. C12 is really a test of how careless you can be, it doesn't say much about your mathematical facility.

On a side note I don't even know if lse will see them anyway. I thought only Cambridge asks for them ?

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

I'm doing C3 this year but not 4, so I understand the importance of doing well in that this year.
So you don't think they would be too 'fussed' as such if I didn't get 90 UMS in C2?

Yes but I have heard of many cases where LSE have asked a candidate to provide their UMS scores after they sent in their application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Yes they do ask for UMS scores. My best friend at school was asked for his by LSE, when applying for M&E. 85 ums shouldn't be too bad, but a lot of other candidates WILL have much higher. Just smash the PS, as LSE massively takes that into account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending