The Student Room Group

Ccea as politics thread

Starting an official thread :tongue:
- NI/UK governments.

Any help welcome, predictions and sharing of resources please! The essay questions will be on parties this year, so focus on those.

Few things to note - there have been some changes since the election, so make sure you're up to date! Some notable examples:
- UUP/SDLP have now formed the first official opposition
- department act came into effect after the election, reducing statutory committees from 12 to 9!

Scroll to see replies

Any predictions for the NI essay questions?
Reply 2
Not at all, only that the essay will be on parties. My teacher thinks alliance has a chance of coming up beause they havent in so long - or decline of sdlp/uup amd attempts to reverse it
Oh god not much to write on the Alliance
Reply 4
I have an essay here i could send you, im not really sure if its any good tho is the only thing lol. Im hoping even if it does come up, the otber option will be better so i can do that one instead
Reply 5
Got any good notes on the house of lords?
I have notes for the Lords.
Reply 7
I'm repeating Northern Ireland politics and UK. I'm really nervous because I'm not going to start revising until my A2 exams are done. I am up to date with NI, I think because I've been following it all year as for Britain I'm not so sure. If anyone has any notes they could share I would be really grateful because at the minute I feel like I have no knowledge to sit the exam. Thanks :smile:
For NI having knowledge is definitely half the battle. Im with you for British tho. I have notes to share so PM if you wish
Reply 9
Original post by Rammus OP
For NI having knowledge is definitely half the battle. Im with you for British tho. I have notes to share so PM if you wish

That would be great thank! Can you message me?
How long has everyone been revising for Politics?
Original post by Rammus OP
How long has everyone been revising for Politics?

I honestly only started a few days ago but I feel like I've covered almost everything already

Posted from TSR Mobile
what did everyone think? I predicted the 26 mark but the 16 mark kind of took me off guard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by irishstudent1
what did everyone think? I predicted the 26 mark but the 16 mark kind of took me off guard

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, the 16 wasn't great.

Some of the proposals I wanted to mention [Reducing 12 depts to 9 and also official opposition] have both came to pass in the last few weeks. Do you think they could be included, as the question was 'Proposals for reform'
Original post by John5678
Yes, the 16 wasn't great.

Some of the proposals I wanted to mention [Reducing 12 depts to 9 and also official opposition] have both came to pass in the last few weeks. Do you think they could be included, as the question was 'Proposals for reform'

Yes because when the exam was written they didnt know that these would come into actual being before the exam So surely they will be on the markscheme
The second question was a disaster.
Parties questions were alright. :/
Original post by Kanpachi
The second question was a disaster.
Parties questions were alright. :/

What did you include for the 16 mark question?
Original post by chloe_2016
What did you include for the 16 mark question?

I write about trying to introduce collective responsibility, decreasing the departments and reforming petition of concern - but I don't know if petition of concern was even relevant.
What about you?
Original post by Kanpachi
I write about trying to introduce collective responsibility, decreasing the departments and reforming petition of concern - but I don't know if petition of concern was even relevant.
What about you?

I wrote that there was a call for a official opposition and for a decrease in department numbers, and that the bill was introduced by John McCallister, who also wrote the source for the question ???
I never even thought of petitions of concern but thats a good point
Reply 19
Do you think if I wrote about choosing the justice minister for q one it was okay?

Quick Reply