The Student Room Group

Ccea as politics thread

Scroll to see replies

I think I've messed up my NI paper but does anyone have any thoughts or predictions for the British paper? Need to ace it
Original post by legend111
I think I've messed up my NI paper but does anyone have any thoughts or predictions for the British paper? Need to ace it

Lords as a main question, maybe 16 marker?
Banging, cheers c lo
Reply 23
Hiya,

If any of you need any help on the British paper, please do let me know. :h: I did CCEA Politics for A Level and I am studying Politics at uni now. The British paper is much easier than the N.Ireland paper. :yep:

Cesca
Original post by Airmed
Hiya,

If any of you need any help on the British paper, please do let me know. :h: I did CCEA Politics for A Level and I am studying Politics at uni now. The British paper is much easier than the N.Ireland paper. :yep:

Cesca

Hi! just wondering if you know what the grade boundaries are usually like? I'm not sure how well I did on the NI one and now I'm dreading the UK...
Reply 25
Original post by lydialeneghan
Hi! just wondering if you know what the grade boundaries are usually like? I'm not sure how well I did on the NI one and now I'm dreading the UK...

Hiya!

Here is the link to the grade boundaries for last year. First table. :smile: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://ccea.org.uk/sites/default/files/docs/qualifications/admin_help/results/june15/gce_subject_level_uniform_mark_grade_boundaries_summer_2015.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwig5JiSxqPNAhUmC8AKHaYZDkIQFggeMAE&usg=AFQjCNGVwgn1oaW2Lc0AuW_fpA5pEFSU8Q&sig2=FDTvL19a2Jec4UtHvIQGXQ
Anyone think a judiciary 24 marker is likely for the British module?
Original post by chloe_2016
Anyone think a judiciary 24 marker is likely for the British module?

hasn't came up since 2014. The Lords hasnt came up since 2012. In my opinion those are our two essays
Original post by Rammus OP
hasn't came up since 2014. The Lords hasnt came up since 2012. In my opinion those are our two essays

Lords as a 24 marker or 16??
Do you think there is a chance they will ask cabinet again for the 24 mark as its came up 4 years in a row

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mack335
Do you think if I wrote about choosing the justice minister for q one it was okay?

Original post by chloe_2016
I wrote that there was a call for a official opposition and for a decrease in department numbers, and that the bill was introduced by John McCallister, who also wrote the source for the question ???
I never even thought of petitions of concern but thats a good point

Original post by Kanpachi
I write about trying to introduce collective responsibility, decreasing the departments and reforming petition of concern - but I don't know if petition of concern was even relevant.
What about you?

Original post by John5678
Yes, the 16 wasn't great.

Some of the proposals I wanted to mention [Reducing 12 depts to 9 and also official opposition] have both came to pass in the last few weeks. Do you think they could be included, as the question was 'Proposals for reform'

Original post by Rammus OP
I have notes for the Lords.

hi. whats the format for answer the various marker questions? anyone has notes to share?
Anyone studying CCEA As Politics any suggestions on time management for the papers?

Would it be best to start with the last essay question first and work backwards?

Done this for GCSE History last year and was apprehensive about it for some strange reason at the beginning, although it proved to be fantastic. But was just wondering is it worth doing in either the Unit. 1 and Unit. 2 papers for As Politlics?
Reply 33
Original post by NI_Student
Anyone studying CCEA As Politics any suggestions on time management for the papers?

Would it be best to start with the last essay question first and work backwards?

Done this for GCSE History last year and was apprehensive about it for some strange reason at the beginning, although it proved to be fantastic. But was just wondering is it worth doing in either the Unit. 1 and Unit. 2 papers for As Politlics?

Hiya!

That is what I did for my Politics exam papers for both AS and A2, and it worked out rather well for me. :yep:
Original post by Airmed
Hiya!

That is what I did for my Politics exam papers for both AS and A2, and it worked out rather well for me. :yep:

Thanks for the advice Airmed. I will definitely give it a try!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending