The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

gemgems89
To ensure standardisation, training, compliance with legislation and stuff are in place.

I think that's a management policy gem. I Put to see who has what access to information. Compliance with legislation, procedures in place to prevent misuse and one other which i can't remember.
Magikal
I think that's a management policy gem. I Put to see who has what access to information. Compliance with legislation, procedures in place to prevent misuse and one other which i can't remember.

Well this did ask about an ICT management policy, right?
All the question said was "Information Technology Policy"
Reply 23
I can't remember what it was either... just had a look at an old mark scheme though and there is a question which asks why a company may have 'an Information Technology Management Policy'... which I assume would be the same thing? :s-smilie:

And in the mark scheme is specifically says 'answers that are related to code of practice issues will not be accepted, i.e. issues relating to staff usage'... and the sort of answers they have accepted are: comply with legislation/identify backup procedures/consistent hardware and software/ensure correct training provision/identify data stored in a particular fashion/identify what data should be passed to whom/maintenance and support etc... (can't be bothered to list them all - you get the idea)

But knowing ICT none of them will be accepted this year and a new mark scheme full of suprises will be created just for the fun of it :rolleyes: ... I can't actually remember what i put anyway, but it sort of shows what they might be looking for?
Reply 24
For the role of a database administrator question, alot of people in my class said that they were responsible for a backup procedure, communicating with end-users, complying with legislation or making a security policy. Those answers sound a bit dodgy to me.

I think that's more policy stuff, don't think it will get any marks.

Latest