The Student Room Group

WJEC C3/C4 8th/17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maths is Life
Look at page 5 of the formula booklet under quotient rule. The 7 trigonometric functions need to be differentiated using subsitutions that WJEC usually give. The graphs are: tan^-1, cos^-1,sin*-1,sec,cosec,cot.
If youre unsure just google it 👌👍😀

I have the graphs I just don't have any proofs I never got taught them?
Reply 21
I don't think cot sec or cosec have ever been asked as a graph sketching q - although they are on the specification :s-smilie: I've never been taught their graphs ahhhh
image.png
Original post by 98matt
I don't think cot sec or cosec have ever been asked as a graph sketching q - although they are on the specification :s-smilie: I've never been taught their graphs ahhhh
Original post by 98matt

You don't have to be taught the graphs, just work them out, it's good practice.
Original post by JessyMarie
I have the graphs I just don't have any proofs I never got taught them?

I dont know if youre lying or probably dont know what proofs are but if youre telling the truth your teacher should be sacked. Do you not a formula booklet?
I dont know if youre lying or probably dont know what proofs are but if youre telling the truth your teacher should be sacked. Do you not a formula booklet?

I know what proofs are as we have them for c2 and yes I have the formula booklet you mean this page right?image.jpg
I know what proofs are as we have them for c2 and yes I have the formula booklet you mean this page right?image.jpg

Yeah - tanx to tan^-1 them seven. 1st requires use of quotient rule. Next 3 is chain rule. And last 3 is implicit or respect to y. 😀
Yeah - tanx to tan^-1 them seven. 1st requires use of quotient rule. Next 3 is chain rule. And last 3 is implicit or respect to y. 😀

Right okay thank you
Right okay thank you

Sorry I know I could explain further but Im sure your a mathematical genius gal
How did people find it? Easier or harder than recent papers?
That synoptic circles question... :angry:
I thought it was a decent paper actually. If you've done all previous past papers, you could have done okay tbh.. There wee going to be a a couple of weird questions anyways..
The recurance relation question, was it on radians mode? Please say it was. And then at the end I said its between the 4.5 value..
Reply 31
Everything's was fine apart from the circle 3 marker i thought, just couldn't remember any of the formulas from last year
Reply 32
Original post by BubbleLover98
I thought it was a decent paper actually. If you've done all previous past papers, you could have done okay tbh.. There wee going to be a a couple of weird questions anyways..
The recurance relation question, was it on radians mode? Please say it was. And then at the end I said its between the 4.5 value..

Yeah it was in radians
I think the examiners from the WJEC must be aroused by flower beds tbh
Original post by Ayaz789
It was a decent paper! Opinions on Grade boundaries?

Tough paper but easier than the 2015 paper. I think 56-58 for an A
Original post by Jack1066
Tough paper but easier than the 2015 paper. I think 56-58 for an A

I need an A* :L i think i got 68 :smile: will that get me an A*?
Reply 36
What did everyone do for 1 (b)?
Original post by Ayaz789
I need an A* :L i think i got 68 :smile: will that get me an A*?

Last year was 62/75 for an A* (90 UMS) in C3, so if you got 68 then that is definitely gonna be an A*.

Even in the easier years (pre 2013) 68 would have netted you an A*
Apart from question 5 it was alright paper and 1B is e^1 * your answer
Reply 39
What values did you get for a and b in the transformations question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending