The Student Room Group

Over 18's - areyou in or out?

I want to know what the people who are actually gonna vote think on the referendum not some 12 year old
I decided that I am going to vote to stay, simply because it promotes stability and I won't have to deal with people making false promises about what we are gonna do now that we are no longer part of the EU.
stay in chérie

{see my sig}
Reply 3
Voting to stay.
Original post by MINUSroid
I decided that I am going to vote to stay, simply because it promotes stability and I won't have to deal with people making false promises about what we are gonna do now that we are no longer part of the EU.

But do you think the country is becoming stable right now?

Im voting out.
Voting out.
Reply 6
Out
Original post by Naveed-7
But do you think the country is becoming stable right now?

Im voting out.

Well David Cameron is refusing to plan for the scenario whereby we leave the EU; Politicians have stated repeatedly that they do not fully know the consequences of what will happen if we leave the EU and instead go on about the immigration crisis. I understand that our country has its issues at the moment, but voting to stay will have less detrimental impacts to our country's stability than voting to leave
I'm voting but haven't decided.... Can anyone provide an unbiased breakdown of points why we should stay or leave because even after researching every sight seems to be biased and I want to make an informed decision and not have it made for me, thank you in advance to anyone who answers!
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
I'm voting but haven't decided.... Can anyone provide an unbiased breakdown of points why we should stay or leave because even after researching every sight seems to be biased and I want to make an informed decision and not have it made for me, thank you in advance to anyone who answers!

Even though I outlined my opinion I can provide at least the main argument for both sides.

Voting to stay: The EU acts as a trade bloc which allows a free market and ease of trades of goods between EU members. This involves reduced tariffs and limits on trade and access to the vast market created by the EU population. Non-EU members face some blocks which make it less easy to trade to the EU. Politicians supporting the 'Stay' campaign argue that leaving the EU will be detrimental to our economy due to the loss of this free trade. Financial forecasts support this but are purely predictions and so cannot be taken as literal.

Voting to Leave: Sovereignty - The UK is facing an migration crisis. Politicians argue that this will lead to a strain on British services, unemployment, less housing availability and a fall in wages. The EU controls regulations on migration and so the UK has little ability to controls it's borders from EU migrants. By leaving the EU the UK will be able to act independently and make decisions to based on the needs of our country, rather than the control falling to the EU.
(edited 7 years ago)
Even though I outlined my opinion I can provide at least the main argument for both sides.

Voting to stay: The EU acts as a trade bloc which allows a free market and ease of trades of goods between EU members. This involves reduced tariffs and limits on trade and access to the vast market created by the EU population. Non-EU members face some blocks which make it less easy to trade to the EU. Politicians supporting the 'Stay' campaign argue that leaving the EU will be detrimental to our economy due to the loss of this free trade. Financial forecasts support this but are purely predictions and so cannot be taken as literal.

Voting to Leave: Sovereignty - The UK is facing an migration crisis. Politicians argue that this will lead to a strain on British services, unemployment, less housing availability and a fall in wages. The EU controls regulations on migration and so the UK has little ability to controls it's borders from EU migrants. By leaving the EU the UK will be able to act independently and make decisions to based on the needs of our country, rather than the control falling to the EU.

Thank you very much this is very useful I really appreciate this!:smile:
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Thank you very much this is very useful I really appreciate this!:smile:

You're very welcome
50/50 so far
Reply 13
Out
Reply 14

I like this point. I think it is rather daft to believe that leaving is a magical bullet and suddenly everything will be better.
[video="youtube;WtpDG7tAD4E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtpDG7tAD4E[/video]
i'm 21 and well

eu vote view.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply