The Student Room Group
As far as i know they're different words for the same thing. At Bristol we get the BVSc (bachelor of veterinary science) but i think at RC you get the BVetMed (bachelor of veterinary medicine). Sure all the degrees are slightly different but you are all working towards the same thing, becoming a vet.

There is some weird course along the lines of veterinary science yet its only 3-4 years and when you graduate you can practice as a researcher/technician, etc but not a vet.
Reply 2
Yup, at the RVC there is a difference between vet med and vet sci - veterinary medicine is the 5 yr course to be a veterinary practitioner, veterinary science is a 3 year BSc course, and you're not a vet at the end.
generally vetmed and vet science are the same thing but like your angel said the rvc's vet science is actually a 3 yr course. not sure about nursing tho!
Reply 4
Thanks for all your help :smile:
I don't really get why they all have different names. Nott is veterinary medicine and surgery or something like that which sounds very exciting lol. What you really need to look at is the course code. All courses which qualify you to be a vet have the code D100.

Latest

Trending

Trending