The Student Room Group

Need help on the Evolutionary Explanations of Human Intelligence ( Psychology A2)

I really need help on this area of the Intelligence and Learning unit.

My teacher has gone through this, but most of the time her explanations are confusing so everyone in our class ends up making their own notes from the textbooks.
However, I've had a look at various textbooks but they are all rubbish and have no relevant research evidence for AO2.

I understand the outline of areas such as Social Complexity and Ecological Demands, but not Brain size. I am also confused with the research evidence supporting these explanations as they use animals which are not included in the timeline of human evolution. In my textbook it says at the end, "however the studies that use such species may not be representative of human evolution patterns" so then I'm thinking why are they included in the textbook and how can they support the theory?

I would really be grateful if someone could provide some help on this and any relevant research evidence. I feel like this question might come up in the exam as it's never been asked before which I'm not happy about!

Quick Reply