The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
KDB played well. Good on him.

****ing Utd ruining my weekend ayayaaya

I guess it's still early days

Don't worry pal, Liverpool are playing their first home game against Leicester tonight.

Would be the most Liverpool thing ever for us to lose - would cheer you up a bit :smile:
Reply 2861
Original post by swirly
Letting City win isn't just showing everything wrong in football, but everything wrong in this world. Letting these Arabs, letting these muslims, come to the western world and imposing their way to the detriment of the british bulldog spirit. Anyone who ever cheers on City to ever win any game should surrender their passports and be sent to Guantanamo Bay.

Who upset you man?
Also, liked Jose's subs. Feels good after such a long time to have a manager who's proactive at changing it up. Disappointed that he never tried Rashford or Martial through the middle though.
Original post by Zerforax
First real test of the season and not only failure in result but also in performance. Basically clear second best except for 15 mins of the start of the 2nd half.

2-1 flattered them immensely tbh.

I know City bossed the game and ran United's defence around, but I'd be concerned at how exhausted Bailly looked. Could've easily exploited him to score a few more.

Means nothing for us as Liverpool fans, but always nice to see United lose at home :biggrin:
A win against Leicester would top it all off but forgive me for not being too optimistic.
The worrying thing is that City were without Aguero and Kompany and still have Gundogan to come in too. This was a good opportunity for you guys to get atleast a point but Mourinho ****ed up that first half.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IYGB
Who upset you man?

Probably some Muslim gave him a dirty look on the street.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2866
Original post by Lúcio
Reported x

Reported for what?
Can't really blame the team in the second half we did everything and City started to panic.

First half we ****ed up tactically. How ****ing unlucky is Rashford ffs.

Mans on a mad ting
Blind chose today to **** up.
Original post by Lúcio

I know City bossed the game and ran United's defence around, but I'd be concerned at how exhausted Bailly looked. Could've easily exploited him to score a few more.

Means nothing for us as Liverpool fans, but always nice to see United lose at home :biggrin:
A win against Leicester would top it all off but forgive me for not being too optimistic.

I'd like to see a defender doing the job of 3 and not look exhausted.
Original post by Rk2k14

In fairness, so did Bravo.
Original post by Lúcio

**** off back to your **** Liverpool defense.
Original post by Rk2k14

I thought Bailly was more at fault for the first goal tbh
Original post by Kenan and Kel

It looked like he backed off which should have alerted Blind. Just stood and watched.

Disappointing considering he's one of the best at reading the game.
@Dirtybit
Any highlights for Mr Highlights?
Shame on all the City players. Who grows up thinking I'd love to play for Man City when I'm older. ****ing rent boys **** off.
Meh, I thought we were fine after halftime. Jose just got it wrong in the first half, and City took advantage. Poor from the CB's on both occasions, but it is still a very new pairing. We had the possession in the second half and were applying plenty of pressure, had a few chances. City had the lead though so that counter attack was all they really needed.

Hopefully Jose has learned his lesson. I said way way back that I could see Herrera in the midfield 3 in the big games, and his addition was brilliant. That inverted triangle in the midfield pushed Pogba and Fellaini up closer to Zlatan. The 4-3-3 also got a lot more out of Rashford, we saw him get into that space between the FB and CB twice on the break and we nearly scored from both.

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Nah, CB are on occasion going to get beaten in the air. Blind cannot just assume Bailly is going to win everything, he has to be ready to act if there is a flick on, he got caught in no mans land.
(edited 7 years ago)
City deserved it on the balance of play. It's a pisstake that we don't have any actual wingers though, playing 9's and 10's doesn't work too well. Need one of Rooney or Ibra to go off when we're chasing a goal tbh (and today, Rooney was better than Zlatan).
(edited 7 years ago)
Etihad game will be a **** show.

Poor team selection by Mourinho.
Original post by jam276
City deserved it on the balance of play. It's a pisstake that we don't have any actual wingers though, playing 9's and 10's doesn't work too well. Need one of Rooney or Ibra to go off when we're chasing a goal tbh (and today, Rooney was better than Zlatan).

Suddenly a wild FK appears :redface:

Latest