The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qasidb
There's no way we're winning the title.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not? We are definitely capable of competing for it.

I know that we are showing signs of not being able to win it (in the games we have played so far) but I think it's normal the way the team is developing. Needs time to get up and running...once Jose realises we have so much more potential without Rooney + Fellaini in the starting XI (which im praying he has seen this by now) then we have a chance to do it especially if Martial, Mhiki and Pogba hit good form.
Again, City will win it but it won't be a walk in the park. Defence is gonna decide it for them.
Original post by qasidb
I think you're getting way too carried away. We lost 3 in a row and then won one game and you're getting hyped that we're winning the league.
City have won all games and then they have a draw away to Celtic which is not an easy tie and you're already saying that their going to go down hill from here and not win the league as a result.

The sterotypical Man Utd fan portrayed by other fans is you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't put words in my mouth my friend.

I'm not getting hyped at all. All I'm saying is we are capable of winning it. The team we have is capable of doing so, Jose just needs to get things right tactically.
**** me.....Jose is cold AF in this :rofl: :rofl:

[video="youtube;Dq9nDvetGeY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq9nDvetGeY[/video]
Well, just after I admit I was surprised by the lack of mistakes and general press resistance of City's defence they promptly ship 3 goals to Celtic. Still feel that of Pep's sides this is the weakest in terms of player quality in those defensive positions at least. More just a quesiton of if teams are good enough to take advantage. I think the Spurs game should be good, and if they cannot handle the pressure then it may set a blue print for how to go at that team if a team is capable.
Original post by Fizzel
Well, just after I admit I was surprised by the lack of mistakes and general press resistance of City's defence they promptly ship 3 goals to Celtic. Still feel that of Pep's sides this is the weakest in terms of player quality in those defensive positions at least. More just a quesiton of if teams are good enough to take advantage. I think the Spurs game should be good, and if they cannot handle the pressure then it may set a blue print for how to go at that team if a team is capable.

This is easily the worst defense Pep has worked with, not one player in City's defence stands out as a proper top quality defender and a number of them are not as comfortable with the ball as I suspect would like.

The Spurs-City game will be fun. I reckong it will be reminiscent of Pep vs Klopp/Tuchel in Germany, as in a game all about pressing. Whichever team can find away around the others press will likely take the points.
Original post by mojojojo101
This is easily the worst defense Pep has worked with, not one player in City's defence stands out as a proper top quality defender and a number of them are not as comfortable with the ball as I suspect would like.

The Spurs-City game will be fun. I reckong it will be reminiscent of Pep vs Klopp/Tuchel in Germany, as in a game all about pressing. Whichever team can find away around the others press will likely take the points.

Spurs at least could switch it up and go long ball if needed.
Spurs pressing game is quite stifling. When they played Liverpool both teams were pressing aggressively but spurs were defiantly set up to be the more physical of the two sides. Kane is out but with Son on fire the 4-4-1-1 still a possibility.

Not sure what it means for us, I don't think we are in the title hunt this year, City look too good, and Spurs and Pool are further ahead in terms of team development. All those teams you would feel more confident of them delivering consistent form than us. Possibly a bit pessimistic but I think we're looking at top 4 this year, where Spurs and City are aiming at the title.
Original post by That Bearded Man
Spurs at least could switch it up and go long ball if needed.

I think Pep is capable of adapting his game, might be a bit early to be doing something drastically different though. City did look a little spooked against Swansea when their pressing didnt work. If Spurs are feeling confident then staying composed an playing around the press may be the way to go.

I agree with Fizzel tbh, the chances of us winning the title are pretty slim, I still think, while there is a lot of quality in our squad, it is distributed poorly and their are big holes, especially at full back. Also working on the assumption Mourinho doesnt blow everything up. Top four would be a decent enough season, especially if coupled with decent FA Cup / Europa League campaigns.
nearly rashford
talk about parking the bus
why is fellani playing
I thought everything was supposed to be awesome again?

Not quite sure why the commentators on BT Sport are creaming themselves over that Rashford strike, it was decent, but he hit the bar from 8 yards when in plenty of space.
Legit slept
rojo get oof the pitch
Can we get Carrick on for Fellaini please.
We are actually going to lose against Stoke.

Fellaini+ Rojo in this team omg...

Why isn't Carrick or Herrera playing ffs.
This team has no idea how to win games we have no style of play whatsoever....

This is exactly what i mean when i say Jose has to get things right tactically. It's really poor even LVG's team had more flair in attack :lol:
Reply 3738
Fellaini is pretty much playing as a sole DM.

You lot playing narrow as hell.

so much gaps in the midfield.

I think just put on Herrera.
Could've been embarrassing for Rooney there had Ibra not headed it in.

Latest