The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bammy jastard 27
SAF sides were slow starters but this is the 2nd worst start a United side has had in the prem, the last time was LVGs first season. You came 4th that season because the top sides were pretty poor, however the likes of Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, City and even Chelsea(who won the title that year) have strengthened majorly in that time. This is why you guys are in trouble.

Cavs or Golden State?
Reply 4481
Original post by swirly
Cavs or Golden State?

GSW.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
GSW.

Only thing my man do is score and shhhh.
Just play front 3 of

Martial Rashford Lingard

Vs City, drop Ibra what have we got to lose now. Play with speed and wing play.
De Gea
Valencia Smalling Blind Shaw
Herrera Carrick Fosuh-Mensah
Lingard Rashford Martial

We need more speeeeeed.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
De Gea
Valencia Smalling Blind Shaw
Herrera Carrick Fosuh-Mensah
Lingard Rashford Martial

We need more speeeeeed.

I agree Ibra has been inconsistent and has been missing too many chances lately some of which even Rashford would've buried
Rooney's agent told by Mourinho his player will have to leave if he wants regular football.

Later on, Mourinho is described as aloof by a 'source' close to a senior player and distant in training sessions.

Classic Stretford. Similar stories against the manager came out when Van Gaal dropped Rooney for Stoke last December

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our defence has problems Darmian should be starting because he is a natural RB whereas Valencia just attacks in all honesty.
Carrick in for Fellaini
Fosu-Mensah without a doubt should replace injured Bailly
Mkhitaryan needs to be given a chance even if he is a sub
Maybe in January buy another CB because we are in shambles Jones and Smalling are VERY inconsistent Bailly could be out due to Africa Cup of Nations we have been linked to Rudiger but we need something like the Vidic/Ferdinand partnership we had before Bailly is already being compared to Vidic and a new CB maybe Varane could be the ferdinand type of player
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Just play front 3 of

Martial Rashford Lingard

Vs City, drop Ibra what have we got to lose now. Play with speed and wing play.

When has Martial ever played like a winger?

At the end of the day, it's just the League Cup. I expect us to win it as City won't be up for it like we will.
Original post by Diego Costa
Galactico's are always attacking players. Even if they were hell-bent on De Gea they'd have signed him, but Zidane didn't want to.

But you'd play more attacking threats against teams that park the bus (lower sides) and more defensively against the top sides who are happy to attack you.

The Man Utd line up I'd use would be:

Martial Ibrahimovic Mkhitaryan
Blind Pogba Schweinsteiger
Shaw Bailly Smalling Valencia

As if Zidane actually has a say. Perez wanted him but the move failed to materialise. Doesn't mean he won't give up. Woodward did him dirty.
Reply 4490
Honestly the Rooney situation is even worse than the Fernando Torres situation we had earlier. Even though he's just as finished as Torres he actually has a control of the club.

Pep would have said **** it though and made it like he was not going to play straight away(like he did with Toure).
How come you'd start Lingard over Rashford? I could understand it in the away games, as Lingard would work harder, but Rashford presents much more of an attacking threat.

Yeah what Jam said - just worried we're running Rashford into the ground. Would have the default position as him on the bench, and then give him starts when he's on really good form or for tactical reasons. But if we do what we are at the moment, starting him week in week out, his levels will drop and he'll be ****ed by February.

And I low key rate Lingard, think he's worth giving a chance to see if he can add the goals he needs to his game.
Original post by Chiminh
united are the biggest loser

Nah that's you m9
Apparently Rooney and Rashford have had a fight/argument?
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I agree, some United fans are terrible. I saw some giving De Gea stick after the Stoke game on the facebook page. I think we need to be realistic and stop being fickle (not saying you are). Imagine De Gea coming into the team now, he'd get slaughtered and would probably be replaced by Romero and sent out on loan to Bristol City.

Yeah I totally agree :lol: ...sometimes we are even worse than Liverpool fans in that we always tend to look for a scapegoat very quickly when the slightest thing goes wrong. If Rooney plays it's always him who gets the blame....now that he's gone it's Fellaini and next will be Pogba for sure :ahee:

To be fair though I do think Rooney massively slows down our transition from midfield to attack and so does Fellaini. They are not suited to what Mourinho really wants to build so I won't be surprised if they both go soon. Memphis & Darmian are also finished.

Wish he would bring back Schweiny tho :frown:

Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I think if Moyes had kept SAF's coaching staff he would probably still be Manchester United manager today......

Maybe albeit it's hard to say for sure, Moyes is struggling massively with Sunderland atm :rofl:
Looks like around 2 months for Bailly then. Gonna be **** if he gets back just in time to go to the AFCON.
Original post by swirly
Strong idenity. Do u even support this club.

4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 flat.

idenity
Original post by Rk2k14
As if Zidane actually has a say. Perez wanted him but the move failed to materialise. Doesn't mean he won't give up. Woodward did him dirty.

Zidane said in March he was happy with Navas. Later on Perez stated that the decision was up to Zidane and discouraged him from getting De Gea. It's not as though Perez cares about the defence anyway.

Original post by Louis.
Yeah what Jam said - just worried we're running Rashford into the ground. Would have the default position as him on the bench, and then give him starts when he's on really good form or for tactical reasons. But if we do what we are at the moment, starting him week in week out, his levels will drop and he'll be ****ed by February.

And I low key rate Lingard, think he's worth giving a chance to see if he can add the goals he needs to his game.

Higuain, Benzema, Lewandowski, Costa, Aguero, Ibrahimovic etc were all regular starters at the same age as Rashford. Nothing to say he'll be done by February.

Lingard is a workhorse and nothing more. He can be a squad player, but he's not top quality.

Higuain, Benzema, Lewandowski, Costa, Aguero, Ibrahimovic etc were all regular starters at the same age as Rashford. Nothing to say he'll be done by February.

Lingard is a workhorse and nothing more. He can be a squad player, but he's not top quality.

Not in this league though, and of those you name I suspect only Aguero was starting regularly in a big European league. Maybe Higuain had moved in time but think he was in Argentina, Costa and Lewandowski were quite late in their breakthrough, Benzema was in France, and Ibra in Sweden or Holland.

I'm sure Rashford would be fine starting week in week out in the lower tiers of Polish football, but asking him to do it in the Premier League, and asking him to do it for a club with all the pressures of Man Utd, is asking for trouble imo. I'd say you'd want him starting 15-20 games in all comps, and probably a similar number of subsitute appearances. Numbers plucked from thin air but you get the point. I'm not meaning to come across as anti-Rashford by any means (one of the most exciting players we have), but just think this is how you get the best out of him over a season, and also helps look after him in the long-term.