The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Innocent till proven guilty doesn't work like that you nonce

Brb murderer should be given benefit of doubt until his trial and sentencing
Brb OJ Simpson is innocent then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't work like what? Like someone being considered innocent until there's proof (someone making a claim is not proof) of them being guilty? Lol
(edited 7 years ago)
DDG so good he'll save himself from jail anyway
Oh lawd
Original post by Malevolent
DDG so good he'll save himself from jail anyway

Ed Woodward will use our official Spanish jail partners to sort something out
Original post by difeo
Doesn't work like what? Like someone being considered innocent until there's proof (someone making a claim is not proof) of them being guilty? Lol

I was referring more to the specific case of Adam Nonceson, in which we all knew he was guilty of grooming a minor, just not the circumstances around it but you still backed him up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unlikely he'll bee found guilty, no chance of DNA evidence. David only has clean sheets innit
Reply 786
I was referring more to the specific case of Adam Nonceson, in which we all knew he was guilty of grooming a minor, just not the circumstances around it but you still backed him up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No we really didn't, there was lots of speculation (perfectly reasonably) that they met in a club, meaning he'd have thought she was 18. No proof initially that he knew she was underage (or that they did anything).
Reply 787
Dont worry begovic is available
Ed's made a couple of phone calls and it seems all is OK for Dave

I reckon the young Ed Woodward would have been an absolute beast at Assessment Centres
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Dont worry begovic is available

***** pls

Do you even Mignolet?

EDIT: as if TSR have censored the word b i t c h

*****es.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by difeo
No we really didn't, there was lots of speculation (perfectly reasonably) that they met in a club, meaning he'd have thought she was 18. No proof initially that he knew she was underage (or that they did anything).

Him presuming she is 18 is beside the point, the fact that she was underage meant that he was still guilty of the crime, whether you felt fairly or unfairly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
***** pls

Do you even Mignolet?

EDIT: as if TSR have censored the word b i t c h

*****es.

Let's be honest, Mignolet never gonna leave Liverpool, he gonna be there for a long time.
Original post by samiz20891
Let's be honest, Mignolet never gonna leave Liverpool, he gonna be there for a long time.

He'll be there after the end of the world...
Reply 793
Him presuming she is 18 is beside the point, the fact that she was underage meant that he was still guilty of the crime, whether you felt fairly or unfairly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually no you're not going to be found guilty if you had a reasonable belief that she was of age.

"When the victim is 13 or over, but under 16, no offence is committed if the victim consents and the defendant believes, on reasonable grounds, that the child is at least 16."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1534646/What-the-law-says-on-under-age-sex.html
Original post by difeo
Actually no you're not going to be found guilty if you had a reasonable belief that she was of age.

"When the victim is 13 or over, but under 16, no offence is committed if the victim consents and the defendant believes, on reasonable grounds, that the child is at least 16."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1534646/What-the-law-says-on-under-age-sex.html

strong nonce apologist
Reply 795
Original post by swirly
strong nonce apologist

mirin comprehension
Original post by trapking
Get out of here with that b.s.

To become a great you have to have a ridiculously strong belief in your own ability and the belief that you can be (or are) better than everyone else. Lets look at examples of greats:

Ali- "I'm the greatest thing that has ever lived. I am king of the world"

C.Ronaldo- "I see myself as the best footballer in the world. If you don't believe you're the best, then you will never achieve all that you're capable of"

Zlatan- "I don't need a trophy to tell myself I'm the best"

Mayweather- "I am the best. No one is better than me"

This is a trait of great people in every sport just some are more humble about it (like Messi for example or Zidanne etc etc) and don't want to actually admit it but deep down that thought of being better than everyone else is always there.

Let me explain

When I say better, I mean on a human level.

Yes you are confident in your ability but you understand this does not make you better than anyone in life.

That is the difference between confidence and arrogance.

No-one in life should be placed on a pedestal for anything whether they're a talented musician or because they're "beautiful"

I hope this makes sense to you.
Original post by difeo

I like how you missed out the very next line though

''Simply taking the victim's word for his or her age may not be enough.'' which basically means that law is not applied very often, and certainly not in Nonceson's case
Original post by zKlown
Let me explain

When I say better, I mean on a human level.

Yes you are confident in your ability but you understand this does not make you better than anyone in life.

That is the difference between confidence and arrogance.

No-one in life should be placed on a pedestal for anything whether they're a talented musician or because they're "beautiful"

I hope this makes sense to you.

Apart from

Dave the nonce.

Latest