The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Schneiderlin deep with Herrera and Rooney either side looks like a decent midfield three to me - lots of work rate, decent physicality, and the ability to drive forward and bring the front 3 into the game. Reckon Mkhitaryan would like Herrera in that inside right channel too.

I'm obviously hoping we sign someone but we've got a good amount of CMs who offer a lot of different things, so at least Mourinho has something to work with in the current squad. Getting the midfield right is his most important job I think.

PS. I've got this Mkhitaryan spelling thing sussed, just got to think of punching Nazis.
Original post by sr90
Mata is off to Everton if you believe the rumours. They're supposedly close to signing Axel Witsel too, one hell of a statement of intent from their new owners if they can pull those two deals off.

Jeez why would Mata move to Everton? Surely a decent Spanish or Italian team would come in for him?

Money? Or does he like north-west England that much? :eek:
Original post by Zerforax
Jeez why would Mata move to Everton? Surely a decent Spanish or Italian team would come in for him?

Money? Or does he like north-west England that much? :eek:

It won't be down to that, he's openly admitted that footballers are paid too much and salary doesn't matter. When he was at Chelsea he was one of their lowest paid players.

He's far too good for Everton though. Surely someone like Atletico Madrid or Valencia could use him.
Doubt he'll be going to everton
Would rather keep Mata than sell him for less than 30m, he's a talented player who should be given a chance. But I wouldn't say no to Mata to China for 60m :biggrin:
Reply 1265
Original post by Kutta
Would rather keep Mata than sell him for less than 30m, he's a talented player who should be given a chance. But I wouldn't say no to Mata to China for 60m :biggrin:

Yeah but mou dont want him
Original post by sr90
It won't be down to that, he's openly admitted that footballers are paid too much and salary doesn't matter. When he was at Chelsea he was one of their lowest paid players.

He's far too good for Everton though. Surely someone like Atletico Madrid or Valencia could use him.

I guess Mourinho will try to fleece him for as much as possible so he has more money to re-invest? If Everton, under their new owners, offer around £30mil, no chance that Valencia or Atletico can afford to match that (even with the fall in the sterling).
Original post by Zerforax
I guess Mourinho will try to fleece him for as much as possible so he has more money to re-invest? If Everton, under their new owners, offer around £30mil, no chance that Valencia or Atletico can afford to match that (even with the fall in the sterling).

He's effectively got a blank cheque to work with as it is though. Woodward is desperate to avoid a 3rd terrible managerial appointment.

You'd expect Mourinho to sign another 2 experienced players who can slot straight into the XI. He's then got a good core supplemented by imported young talent (Martial, Bailly etc) and our academy. I'm certain he'll have been told how important youth is at Manchester United, so he'll find a way to work in the best ones like Rashford whilst everyone else gets the Europa League & League Cup.

We've not been linked with any defenders. Either he's banking on finally being able to stop Phil Jones getting injured, or he's sen someone in the academy he likes the look of.
(edited 7 years ago)
De Gea
Darmian, Smalling, Bailly, Shaw
Schneiderlin, Carrick, Rooney
Mkhitaryan, Ibra, Martial

Romero
Valencia, Jones, Rojo, Blind
Herrera, Schweinsteiger, Fellaini
Lingard, Rashford, Depay

(Varela/Fosu-Mensah/Januzaj etc). RIP Mata.

Probably where we are right now. Reckon there's a good chance we lose a CM and bring another one in, and a decent chance we lose a defender for another CB. New RB a possibility, and it wouldn't surprise me if Mourinho was after some more attacking depth because the backup options are all very raw.
We'll have to go for another defender, predict one of Blind/Rojo/Jones to leave plus we'll need to cover when Bailly heads to the AFCON. If Stones interest has cooled, perhaps Marquinhos or Papadopolous? Surely Hummels joining Bayern would make Benatia an option? since Chelsea will look to buy Italian (Manolas or Barzagli)

Posted from TSR Mobile
And yeah, he'll definitely promote TFM, along with CBJ and loan Perreira. Think Adnan will leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody else hearing the reports that we'll be signing another young forward? Lozano?
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfer-news-lozano-11559800

Reportedly the father in-law confirmed the deal should be finalized after the Olympics, and the club president also confirmed that there are negotiations between the clubs.
If he has the same impact as the last lad we signed from the Mexican league I'll be delighted.... That surely means one of Memphis and Lingard is off though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lozano is a bit of a beast on Football Manager, but I have no idea what he is like in real life.
Original post by sr90
If he has the same impact as the last lad we signed from the Mexican league I'll be delighted.... That surely means one of Memphis and Lingard is off though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could be a replacement for mata - not exactly like for like but similair
matuidi would be great :smile:
First press conference by Mourinho was enjoyable as predicted. You can stop putting Rooney in midfield now, Jose said he'll never be a #6 or #8. He'll be #9 or #10 or 9.5

...or sold :redface:

@swirly thoughts on Mourinho's dig at Rooney implying he is a diag merchant?

"For me he will never be a no.6. It is easy to pass without pressure. He will be 9, 10 or 9+1/2."
"You can tell me his pass is amazing but my pass is amazing too without pressure."
(edited 7 years ago)
"It is not the dream job"
Original post by Dirtybit
First press conference by Mourinho was enjoyable as predicted. You can stop putting Rooney in midfield now, Jose said he'll never be a #6 or #8. He'll be #9 or #10 or 9.5

...or sold :redface:

@swirly thoughts on Mourinho's dig at Rooney implying he is a diag merchant?

"For me he will never be a no.6. It is easy to pass without pressure. He will be 9, 10 or 9+1/2."
"You can tell me his pass is amazing but my pass is amazing too without pressure."

He's not a #6 or #8.

He's not a #9 either anymore.

He's never been a #10 either, nowhere near creative enough.

awks.

Guess he'll be sold or see out his contract (how many years does he have left?). If he has about 2 years left, I can see him as a bit-part player, who's more important as a club ambassador than player, then retiring.
Rooney just got ktfo indirectly by Mou.

Latest