The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Di Marzio seems fairly reliable, at least relatively speaking going by Twitter standards.

Main rumour seems to be that we've reached an agreement with Pogba (€13 million per year wages), and that we'll bid €120 million presumably after France finish the tournament.

There is also a second Italian fellow, Tancredi Palmeri (beIN/Gazzetta), also seemingly convinced that we've agreed personal terms with Pogba.

For all we know, they could be speaking a load of b*ll*cks, but if it's true then the money involved is absolutely ludicrous.

Let's also not forget, only a couple of days ago, 'Sky Sources' confirmed that we were indeed interested.

Sticking point will be Juventus though, whether they decide to sell or not would be up to them, although you've got to think they would be off their hatter if they turned down such a large amount.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think when you sign big players for big money and it works out well, it ends of looking like a bargain, like 80m for Ronaldo looks like nothing, 85-90m for Bale seems worth it, 75m for Suarez was a great deal etc.
Original post by Dirtybit
Yeah from when we offered £80-100m for Muller I knew we weren't afraid to spend high

Thought you was always moaning about the price m8!! Ighalo £38m too...

Frankly don't care what they pay. Woodward is all about the business being an ex investment banker. I trust the guy when it comes to finances, we can obviously comfortably afford whatever we spend.

Wasn't moaning, but you have to admit that some of the prices being tossed around these days are ridiculous (not Just Pogba).

Would obviously jump at the chance to sign Pogba. Scenes when Woodward sells him later on for profit. Have to give the guy credit. Knows how to make money.
£100M for Pogba? The premier league is a cancer to football
Juve will surely give in. Best offer they'll get at the moment and knowing United they'll throw money at them for fun.
Pogba was voted the second most marketable player in the world right now (After Steph curry). We could finally ship Rooney off

But hey hey let's not get too excited here
(edited 7 years ago)
Pogba was voted the second most marketable player in the world right now (After Steph curry). We could finally ship Rooney off

Adidas's golden boy m8.

Does Mou have the balls to do what Moyes and Van Gaal couldn't?
Original post by Rk2k14
Juve will surely give in. Best offer they'll get at the moment and knowing United they'll throw money at them for fun.

PL clubs are so flushed with cash this year pretty much every club on the continent ill be doing anything and everything they can to squeeze every last penny from deals.
Eid Woodward :wink:

Original post by Rk2k14
Adidas's golden boy m8.

Does Mou have the balls to do what Moyes and Van Gaal couldn't?

I think he will under his reign, mabye not this summer though
Nobody cared about 18 year old Renato Sanches 80m fee :rolleyes:

But hey hey let's not get too excited here

**** it, tell Woodward to sign Curry too
Original post by mojojojo101
PL clubs are so flushed with cash this year pretty much every club on the continent ill be doing anything and everything they can to squeeze every last penny from deals.

Doesn't happen when man like Woodward comes out and says we've got a blank cheque. :biggrin:
Original post by swirly
**** it, tell Woodward to sign Curry too
Ibra
Martial Curry Mkhi
Pogba TFM
:coma:
Get Lebron next to Smalling.

That mad leap for the corners. Ronaldo aint got **** on the king.
I think what's important here, is not letting Pep get ahead. Nip it in the bud. If he leads City to a PL before United it could set dangerous precedent for his years.
Original post by Rk2k14

Durant scare me cuz when he score he dont say nuthin:wink:
Original post by Rk2k14

Get Nas in at CAM right?
Hoping we sign Pogba and then bring back Rafael and Park to play CM instead.
Original post by difeo
Get Nas in at CAM right?

Esco spraying it right left n centre.

No Taylor Swift in net. She lets anything in:wink:
Original post by Louis.
Hoping we sign Pogba and then bring back Rafael and Park to play CM instead.

Latest