The Student Room Group

I feel repulsed, sick and nauseated; listen to what a TSR user had to say.

[Whilst advocating to remain in the EU] They just didn't get a say in those laws.

I'm perfectly happy to have an unelected government making our laws ... ... All this about the EU coming to steal our democracy is scaremongering.

I am genuinely revolted by this person.

The first part is to add context (in case it seems a bit random), but I don't intend to push any agenda.

And the last part just highlights the inconsistency in his post.

But I am so bloody disgusted by what this person has said; that he's perfectly happy with an unelected government, despite all the numerous people who have died for the democracy we have.

Scroll to see replies

He can choose to reveal himself if he so wishes.
Isn't that what most of the users in TSR wants? Wanting an unelected government to feed off their narcissistic egos :smile:
Reply 3
why are you surprised? xD
Why not link the post?
Original post by z33
why are you surprised? xD

I'm surprised someone would believe that the EU is undemocratic, whilst advocating it, and then outright admit it as if there's nothing wrong with what's being said. I'm surprised at the audacity, and bluntness and his honesty despite the topic.
Original post by 999tigger
Why not link the post?

Because I don't want the thread to be deleted for slandering another user.

But trust me; it's real.
Reply 7
You need to get out more if that caused you all that :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XcitingStuart
But I am so bloody disgusted by what this person has said; that he's perfectly happy with an unelected government, despite all the numerous people who have died for the democracy we have.

there are many causes people have died for, doesn't make them all right

But trust me; it's real.

Why didnt you just reply to the post? Saying you are genuinely revolted by this person as opposed to the persons views is a bit much...
Original post by SMEGGGY
You need to get out more if that caused you all that :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's disgusting and unprincipled though. :frown:

To be honest it only lasted a moment, but I still shouldn't have had to feel like that. :colonhash:

But trust me; it's real.

You mean libel. Niot even sure how you have libeled him unless it was untrue?

No I dont trust anyone on this forum and prefer to see what you are going on about in context rather than bits being cherry picked. Just link the thread.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
I'm surprised someone would believe that the EU is undemocratic, whilst advocating it, and then outright admit it as if there's nothing wrong with what's being said. I'm surprised at the audacity, and bluntness and his honesty despite the topic.

they said we don't get a say in the law but then wanted an unelected government to make the laws? I don't understand :lol:

maybe they're drunk...
Original post by StrangeBanana
there are many causes people have died for, doesn't make them all right

It also presupposes all those people who died would agree with the OP.

There is scope in what was written for interpretation, so I wouldnt have taken it literally.

You also have the point the age of some posters can be anything from 11 upwards.
TFW 63% of TSR userbase want Bremain and presumably they know it's an unelected shitstorm of red tape and ****ups?

No?
You mean libel. Niot even sure how you have libeled him unless it was untrue?

No I dont trist anyone on this forum and prefer to see what you are going on about in context rather than bits being cherry picked. Just link the thread.

TSR moderators are really anal about this.

I'll humour you though:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=65215429&postcount=10
It also presupposes all those people who died would agree with the OP.

There is scope in what was written for interpretation, so I wouldnt have taken it literally.

You also have the point the age of some posters can be anything from 11 upwards.

11 gems upwards ? :beard:

@the bear @CoolCavy
@999tigger Does that satisfy your trust issues for the stranger?

I do think the person who wrote that is in year 10 though (and that's being optimistic.)

It's still appalling for a 14 to 15 year old.
@999tigger Does that satisfy your trust issues for the stranger?

I do think the person who wrote that is in year 10 though (and that's being optimistic.)

It's still appalling for a 14 to 15 year old.

I just asked you to link it, that was all. Its normal good manners to do so in the first place.

4. And yet those unelected officials have done more to protect the environment, consumers, and humanity than any elected British government ever has. Most leave voters couldn't even point out a piece of EU legislation that they don't like. I'm perfectly happy to have an unelected government making our laws, they're far better than any idiots this country has elected, and if they ever start to act against our interests then I'll support leaving, because we can leave whenever we want. All this about the EU coming to steal our democracy is scaremongering.

They might be unelected, but its this country that voted to give them the power to make laws that we have to comply with. They might not be directly elected, but they do have a mandate from the governments of each member state. Each state gets to contribute towards the makeup of the Commission as well. I cant see why the poster cant be perfectly happy with the arrangement as is. If it was unnaceptable then we shouldnt have joined, but we voted as a nation to do so.

Why didnt you just answer on the thread instead of creating a whole new one about it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KoreanSpammer
11 gems upwards ? :beard:

It says age.

Quick Reply

Latest