The Student Room Group

Bad EPC rating

Hi guys

So my housemate and I have just looked at a property we both really like and are going to have a bid on when we get the chance. Currently it has an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) of F so rather bad.... If we do get it what are the things we can do to make it better? And if so how much would it be cost effective? as we only plan to stay there for a couple of years?

Im dont know what the landlord will let us do yet, but does anyone have any cheap and easy solutions that could help?

Also if you live in Plymouth please message me!! we need a 3rd housemate!

Matt
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mattr888
Hi guys

So my housemate and I have just looked at a property we both really like and are going to have a bid on when we get the chance. Currently it has an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) of F so rather bad.... If we do get it what are the things we can do to make it better? And if so how much would it be cost effective? as we only plan to stay there for a couple of years?

Im dont know what the landlord will let us do yet, but does anyone have any cheap and easy solutions that could help?

Also if you live in Plymouth please message me!! we need a 3rd housemate!

Matt

Most of the solutions to improving energy ratings are quite expensive such as putting insulation in the roof and putting in better windows, you can swap all the light bulbs but otherwise there's not much you can do really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending