The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Fonejacker

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
This show is so unoriginal like going back to the 90's.
The first episode was awesome but the second one wasn't as good. The mouse is great.
Reply 82
Tommy Tibbs and that welshman lmao
Reply 83
The show is alright actually.

My brother forced me to watch it and assured me 'it's not stupid humour' because he 'hates stupid humour'. However, I then pointed out he liked Borat to which he replied 'Borat rocks'. I thought I'd proven my point.

However, I watched it and I did find myself laughing at a few places. The second one wasn't as good because once you've seen it done once it isn't so funny the second time...

I think all that makes it funny is other people's reactions sometimes.
I think its a great show.

The first episode was better than the second. I loved the part with the posh guy phoning the restaurant asking if his wife (wearing a straw hat) was there, classic...
Reply 85
Only thing i am worried about is this show getting really Samey very very quickly.. That's the only downfall of this.

Yesterdays wasn't as funny as last weeks, but i will try and enjoy this as much as i can before it get's too samey.
Reply 86
I'm a bit :s-smilie: about Fonejacker atm. I'd been waiting for it for over six months - hyping it up - so I guess there was only one way it could go...

Although saying that, don't get me wrong, I still think it's brilliant... it's just I fear, come the last one in the series, the jokes will be getting old (I can't even believe I, out of all people, am saying this!). This week's show wasn't as funny as the first one, but I should have seen this coming. :frown:

I just hope the trend doesn't continue and next week's is a belter! :biggrin:
Reply 87
I agree with you there, the jokes will get a bit old quick, even if there is new stuff. there's only a certain amount you can do on a show like this. And as i said a few pages back, the 'send a recording in' from the public viewers wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

The worst thing about it is the silly pictures they show when prank calling, they ruin it a little bit.

It' good too see the reaction on peoples faces after they have been jacked..
Reply 88
It's a shame the novelty of this show will die quickly, and the jokes will wear thin soon enough as well.

But all we can do is hope that they don't and enjoy it as much as we can :biggrin:

Even if it does mean missing 1 or 2 episodes to keep it's novelty kind of fresh.
Reply 89
'Tis a shame, because it's a great show (one of the funniest around atm, IMO)... but I can't see a second series unless they drastically change it in some way, such as including other people's pranks like you said. I don't think there's any new characters to be revealed yet... it would have been nice to have some new additions I reckon. Yep, the hidden cameras showing the reactions are brilliant... the woman at the art gallery doing an impression of the beatboxer was class, lol. Another thing is I wish C4/E4 would stop showing so many adverts of it... and not just that, they show all the best bits (which is understandable, I guess).
Reply 90
The art gallery one was superb :biggrin:

Yeh, them adverts are mega annoying, and put me off the show in a way. And how they have the stupid 'Fonejacker tonight 10.30pm' stuck on all day in the top left.

Series 2 would be seriously weak, and would kill the show completely, unless they changed it like you said.

This show has a great potential to be great, if it bucks up and get's less samey. And calls to fast food outlets is a no no thats for sure, that is very old, and been done before.

The public pranks is a great idea, like having 15 minutes or less dedicated to that.
Reply 91
New characters are essential.

I also agree with you lot on the issue of the adverts giving away with entire show.
Reply 92
only watched half of the last Fonejacker, so watched the rest today.

It was less entertaining then the first one, and some of them seem pretty dumb compared to the first.

Tommy Tibbs (i think), that one is stupid... But i loved the PC World one... :biggrin:

Just thought i'd add that.
Reply 93
*Terry Tibbs :biggrin:

Yeah, I don't think he's that funny... one of my least favourites.
Reply 94
That's the one, i wasn't paying much attention to be honest.

If they had got rid of him, it would have been good, but things about ladders? Hmm.. silly.. :frown:
Reply 95
Yeah, he's probably the only one I just don't like.

I'm ashamed with myself that I find the website ones so funny. :redface:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0VkHMd3dlg
Reply 96
:rofl:

Them ones are superb.

the oven glove one last thursday was superb :biggrin:
Reply 97
I loved the way the guy passed the phone to his wife when he mentioned 'toaster'... and 'oven glove database' :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjfIAp0ZFIE
Just started watching it because I caught the advert where they showed the clip with the supposed automated telephone & I really like it.
Reply 99
hannah_dru
Just started watching it because I caught the advert where they showed the clip with the supposed automated telephone & I really like it.

I'm glad you like it! :biggrin:

Now I'm hoping tonight's show will be slightly funnier than last week's...

Latest