The Student Room Group

I messed up?

So I moved to England last summer, and i didn't know we were moving until April 2015. So I was happy and sad at the same time because I was going to leave my friends.
So anyway, I come here and I went through a lot of struggles because of my age, I had to go to college and not school but I haven't finished GCSEs and stuff. So anyway, i found this place and they decided to take me in. It is a lifeskill centre for ages 16-19 who don't go to school. They gave them qualifications in maths and english functional skills and photography. I was really lonely when i moved here, my family is busy with work and my siblings in school, so I decided to join them. But I realised that with functional skills I was going to get no where. I really want a university degree in Medicine!
Yet, being utterly stupid I stayed. So from October until January I stayed with them. But i was planning on still doing IGCSEs, and I am at the moment! I self taught myself the things and aiming for A's in all subjects!
But thing is I realised how much time I wasted. I could've stayed home and studied harder for my exams. Instead I followed people who were all bad influence, they did drugs, smoked all the time, used to drink. I really just wanted friends, and every time I think about the time i wasted I feel like crying. I really don't know what to do
I cut all contact with them after realising how stupid I was, but I still feel like crap
Original post by Anonymous
So I moved to England last summer, and i didn't know we were moving until April 2015. So I was happy and sad at the same time because I was going to leave my friends.
So anyway, I come here and I went through a lot of struggles because of my age, I had to go to college and not school but I haven't finished GCSEs and stuff. So anyway, i found this place and they decided to take me in. It is a lifeskill centre for ages 16-19 who don't go to school. They gave them qualifications in maths and english functional skills and photography. I was really lonely when i moved here, my family is busy with work and my siblings in school, so I decided to join them. But I realised that with functional skills I was going to get no where. I really want a university degree in Medicine!
Yet, being utterly stupid I stayed. So from October until January I stayed with them. But i was planning on still doing IGCSEs, and I am at the moment! I self taught myself the things and aiming for A's in all subjects!
But thing is I realised how much time I wasted. I could've stayed home and studied harder for my exams. Instead I followed people who were all bad influence, they did drugs, smoked all the time, used to drink. I really just wanted friends, and every time I think about the time i wasted I feel like crying. I really don't know what to do
I cut all contact with them after realising how stupid I was, but I still feel like crap

Hey
You can't keep thinking of your past. You have to forget your past to move forward. Yeah maybe you wasted your time but at least you learned something. Now you know what to do. Get your priorities right. Be focused on what u want to achieve . Find new hobbies, meet new people, the ones who have the same goal as you. It's not Guna be easy but you will be fine I promise x

You should not feel like crap or think you wasted your time, just look at it like this you were brave enough to try something new and you learnt the hard way that it wasn't right for you but what you learnt was something good and that was what is best for you.

So in your desperation to make friends you went the wrong way but you also know now not to follow other people into taking drugs, drinking, and smoking
You know you have ambition and want to better yourself and those people dont.
Your still young so its not a waste as you can still try to find places to go to uni

My ex neighbour who was 50 years old who was studying to be a doctor when she was 20 then she gave up her studies because she was pregnant and got married so she said she wishes that she had never given it up. Although she is a carer and loves her job she is now at the age of 50 planning on going back to uni or college to study to be a doctor which is what she always wanted to do.

So imagine someone that age who wasted so much time not fulfilling her dreams and a lot of older people who made the same mistakes.
I also wish i had gone to a music college like Bimm in Fulham when i was 18 or 21 but i left it late so im trying to make up for it now when i went to the open day campus tour in May. I saw a lot of older people who looked 30, 35, 40, 45, 50+ as well as younger people so i didnt feel out of place or embarrassed to be there so you have plenty of time to fulfill your dreams too. Maybe if you look at it like that you wont be so unhappy

Its wasted energy to regret things you have done but even worse is to regret the things you havent done. Im not sure if i explained that properly but my point is at least you tried something different, it didnt work out but you are taking positive steps now to correct that mistake. You didnt leave it too long , you realised just in time what you should really be doing in life. Some people dont know what they want to do or never persued their dreams as they were too scared to try.

I always wanted to be in a band when i was younger but i didnt try very hard to fulfill my dreams and when i tried contacting people in adverts they didnt seem interested so i gave up instead of keep trying or looking for music colleges to go to and my friends were and still are boring and have no ambition so by trying to get a place in a music school it means i will be around other ambitious people who are willing to take a chance and try hard to get what they want in life and i want to be around other people like that who inspire me
Reply 3
Hey
You can't keep thinking of your past. You have to forget your past to move forward. Yeah maybe you wasted your time but at least you learned something. Now you know what to do. Get your priorities right. Be focused on what u want to achieve . Find new hobbies, meet new people, the ones who have the same goal as you. It's not Guna be easy but you will be fine I promise x

Thank you so much!!
Reply 4
Original post by Judge Judy
You should not feel like crap or think you wasted your time, just look at it like this you were brave enough to try something new and you learnt the hard way that it wasn't right for you but what you learnt was something good and that was what is best for you.

So in your desperation to make friends you went the wrong way but you also know now not to follow other people into taking drugs, drinking, and smoking
You know you have ambition and want to better yourself and those people dont.
Your still young so its not a waste as you can still try to find places to go to uni

My ex neighbour who was 50 years old who was studying to be a doctor when she was 20 then she gave up her studies because she was pregnant and got married so she said she wishes that she had never given it up. Although she is a carer and loves her job she is now at the age of 50 planning on going back to uni or college to study to be a doctor which is what she always wanted to do.

So imagine someone that age who wasted so much time not fulfilling her dreams and a lot of older people who made the same mistakes.
I also wish i had gone to a music college like Bimm in Fulham when i was 18 or 21 but i left it late so im trying to make up for it now when i went to the open day campus tour in May. I saw a lot of older people who looked 30, 35, 40, 45, 50+ as well as younger people so i didnt feel out of place or embarrassed to be there so you have plenty of time to fulfill your dreams too. Maybe if you look at it like that you wont be so unhappy

Its wasted energy to regret things you have done but even worse is to regret the things you havent done. Im not sure if i explained that properly but my point is at least you tried something different, it didnt work out but you are taking positive steps now to correct that mistake. You didnt leave it too long , you realised just in time what you should really be doing in life. Some people dont know what they want to do or never persued their dreams as they were too scared to try.

I always wanted to be in a band when i was younger but i didnt try very hard to fulfill my dreams and when i tried contacting people in adverts they didnt seem interested so i gave up instead of keep trying or looking for music colleges to go to and my friends were and still are boring and have no ambition so by trying to get a place in a music school it means i will be around other ambitious people who are willing to take a chance and try hard to get what they want in life and i want to be around other people like that who inspire me

Yea i get you, thank u so much, this really helped. Definitely not going to follow people anymore
Yea i get you, thank u so much, this really helped. Definitely not going to follow people anymore

So what exactly are you going to do now?
Reply 6
Original post by ilikechinesefood
So what exactly are you going to do now?

At the moment, i have decided to delete all districstions includig whatsapp (i deleted instagram and twitter long ago), this is so i could focus more on my exams and getting the grades i need for a levels.
And i wasnt sure if i wanted to do this summer programme where u go camping and stuff, i wanted to do it with friends but i am not going to wait for ppl anymore, ive decided to go through with it.
This summer i promised myself that i will not waste my time on my phone anymore. Im going to keep on learning french and improve my skills. I always waste so much time in summer bcs of social media.
So yea.. I am going to get my priorities straight. And if someone is a bad influence, has a negative attitude or just not ambitious then its good bye and good luck. Life is too short, i want to be happier
Good luck darling. I wish you all the best 😘

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending