The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Right then.

1) For: Aquinas, Butler, Newman, Piaget and Kant. Against: Freud, nature of conscience (I.e. able to be manipulated), not empirically testable, Euthyphro dilemma.

Anything else?

2) Concept of free will, Hard and soft determinism, Libertarianism, Perdestination (Calvanism), human sense of moral responsibility, free will limited by social and genetic conditioning. The problem of evil= all loving, all powerful, evil exists. Irenaeus, Augustine (Theodicies). Evil doesn't exist - Spinoza, Monism. Leibniz - God perfect, people not. Bascially, if we can prove that we are not free, then evil is ot our fault. Or evil doen't really exist and is therefore nobody's fault.

Missing 3.

Hate 4.

5) Realism and antirealism, cognitivism and non-cognitivism, Logical positivism, Via Negativa, Empiricists, Verification (Strong and Weak), Falsification, Wisdom's garden analogy, RM Hare (bliks), Swinburne (Toy analogy). Emotivism (Ayer and Stevenson), Intuitionism (Moore, Naturalistic fallacy, Good is like yellow and not like horse) Prescriptivism (Hare).

Have I missed anything from those 3?
Reply 21
How likely do you think it is for freewill and determinism to come up as it didnt come up on the other papers, i really want it to come up as i really understand it lol what other ones do u think are liekly to come up?
Becca x
I really want FW&D to come up too!

That and Conscience (Although that was on the ethics paper) or R&E language. Anything but Sociology.
Reply 23
what about the relation between free will and the problem of evil? should it be revised or is it not included this year
It's on the syllabus.

It's just that I find it really narrow.
Reply 25
In the freewill and the problem of evil cud u babble on about determinism as well?
I don't see why not. As long as it's relevant to the question.

It's OK to use anything AT ALL from the last 2 years as long as it answers the question isn't it?!
Do we have to critically analyze the arguments too, as in put the strengths and weaknesses? Or is just a case of 'x said this buy y would disagree'

I find that I tend to talk more about free will in the problem of evil question - determinism has a little snippet at the end. It's good to conclude with an alternative view like Monism or Aquinas who talks about God's divine plan.
I'd say both. X said this, whereas Y said this. But Y has the problems A and B. C put it better with this argument but D disagreed and said blah.

*Nods* I wish that were actually the essay.
I thought so - my teacher said you don't really get marked on your own analysis, rather its the links you make. Don't know if that's true or not
Probably both. . .
I don't know how to revise. Do you know what I mean? We know it all from last week and It's just a case of smushing it together isn't it?
Reply 32
do u think the conscience will come up agen because it was on the ethics paper i doubt it but i really want it to come up lol
Dunno. I hope it does, but I doubt it too.
I don't want conscience to come up, or religious language because I know bugger all about them. I still think psychology/sociology and moral responsibility and life after death will come up, if not then I'm screwed.......I can't be arsed doing any more revision, espically seeing as Jeremy Kyle is on in 10 mins!
P/S and moral responsibility would be the worst things ever!

I think Jeremy Kyle should be Prime Minister. *Nods*
So what would the general consensus be for the questions to come up/what to revise...?

I've revised P/S of Religion and am starting FW/Determinism now.

HELP!
I'd say FW&D and evil, R&E Language, and probably S/P or Moral responsibility and life after death.
Snow Spider
I'd say FW&D and evil, R&E Language, and probably S/P or Moral responsibility and life after death.

Right. I'm gonna revise

FW&D + evil.

R/E Language
[since i did a massive blitz for 2771]

S/P

And bonus: L.A.D. [again massive blitz for 2771]

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! We still have one more day, after all. :smile: :s-smilie:
Don't take my word for it! I don't have a clue!

And Good luck to you too. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending