The Student Room Group

Compelling Personal Reasons

Hi SFE

I've received a letter from SFE today comfirming that to receive an extra year of funding after leaving my degree due to family bereavement I have to submit independent evidence from either a doctor, tutor and counsellor. However, I did not use a counselling service during this time neither did I see a doctor or my personal tutor (although one of the professors at my old university knew) because I didn't want to burden them. My manager at work knew and my attitude change was noted do you think this would count as evidence enough along with death certificates?
You need to provide evidence that the event affected your ability to study. You had no contact with any professional services or with conselling services at university? It sounds like you have no way to back your claims up. Your manager at work may be able to write a letter but that does not back up your claim that the situation affected your course just your job.
Reply 2
Did you explain to the uni why you were leaving? This at least should be on your student record. You should be able to get a letter from your uni which states that you left due to a bereavement. Not sure whether that would be enough on its own, but worth a try.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending