The Student Room Group

Biomed VS Operating Department Practise VS Diagnostic Radiography

Hey guys I need help. Basically where I am at right now is I really want to study Radiog and got an offer from Uni of herts but I am unable to move out and commute is too far to travel so I have to withdraw. I will have no offers so I am thinking of doing:
a. Applying for radiog through clearing becasuse this si what i have my heart set on. However there may not be any places also if there are i may not succeed in the interview stage so its a huge risk.
b. Aply right now for Biomedical sciences through UCAS Extra but i dunno what sort of jonb i would be looking at by the end of the degree.
c. Apply for Operating department practise

Excuse my spelling i just cba. To be honest i really want to do (a), i have been trying to get in sincde i left college so it is 3rd yearf running. but is it worth the risk?
maybe 3rd time lucky lol
help advice needed
Reply 2
Doing a course you're not interested in is not worth it, no. Remember its 3 years and £50k of debt you're investing.

While I appreciate your personal circumstances I have to be brutally honest and say you are severely limited in what you can do. You say you've tried three years running to apply for radiography. I take this to mean you are at least 21 years old. How old do you have to be before you're 'allowed' to move out?

You had an offer, which in itself is a massive achievement, and you're not going to take it. If you don't make the most of opportunities that are presented to you, you can't get on in any career.
Original post by FXX
Doing a course you're not interested in is not worth it, no. Remember its 3 years and £50k of debt you're investing.

While I appreciate your personal circumstances I have to be brutally honest and say you are severely limited in what you can do. You say you've tried three years running to apply for radiography. I take this to mean you are at least 21 years old. How old do you have to be before you're 'allowed' to move out?

You had an offer, which in itself is a massive achievement, and you're not going to take it. If you don't make the most of opportunities that are presented to you, you can't get on in any career.

Hey. Im 19 turning 20 this yr actually. Moving out is not an option at this stage so there's nothing i can do about that i have tried trust me. So i either go through clearing again or apply thrhough extra like i said. Just wanted advice on the biomed and odp then i can make a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest