The Student Room Group

What would you do with £10,000?

Personally, I'd help my mum with her debt and then save up the rest for uni :yep: what would you do with £10,000? I'm interested to know :beard:
Just got me thinking as I saw this competition on TSR...sounds like a good deal to me! :yay:Here's what others would do with their money..
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Straight on the mortgage
Reply 2
Pay off some bills and give my mum and gran some money and put the rest towards the wedding and honeymoon. Any money left over would do a second hand car as well :h:
Buy a car and save the rest
Original post by Spock's Socks
Pay off some bills and give my mum and gran some money and put the rest towards the wedding and honeymoon. Any money left over would do a second hand car as well :h:

You've clearly thought this through a lot! :shock:
Original post by Infamous*
Buy a car and save the rest

Good idea :holmes: I'd like to buy a car too at some point…
invest
Original post by iEthan
Personally, I'd help my mum with her debt and then save up the rest for uni :yep: what would you do with £10,000? I'm interested to know :beard:
Just got me thinking as I saw this competition on TSR...sounds like a good deal to me! :yay:

Wedding, honeymoon and the rest on our house deposit

Spoiler

Original post by claireestelle
Wedding, honeymoon and the rest on our house deposit

Spoiler

:giggle: very organised like Spock's Socks! All the best of luck Claire :tongue:
Either uni debt or on my parent's mortgage...
Original post by Vicky628
Either uni debt or on my parent's mortgage...

Debt sucks :yucky: good plan!
Original post by iEthan
:giggle: very organised like Spock's Socks! All the best of luck Claire :tongue:

Nothing like a good bit of budgeting :P
Original post by claireestelle
Nothing like a good bit of budgeting :P

Touché Claire :tongue: - you need to teach me these things!
Original post by iEthan
Debt sucks :yucky: good plan!

Boring plan :argh: in an ideal world it'd go on a round the world trip/nice clothes, but I do have some vague notion of sense...:h:
Original post by iEthan
Touché Claire :tongue: - you need to teach me these things!

You just need to learn that its all about using mr calculator and finding good deals on everything:P
I'd custom build a PC, treat my room acoustically, buy extra peripherals (mics, **** like that), Yamaha H8s and the H8S. I'd purchase Kontakt, Spire, Nexus, ProFilter & Valhalla series and other VSTs if I need 2. Also a midi-keyboard. 61 keys sounds ideal but I'll take 88 for the lolz. Fancy chair, fancy table... Add a interface and I have my dream studio.

Should cost like 8K, 2k... Probably pump it into a business or market.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vicky628
Boring plan :argh: in an ideal world it'd go on a round the world trip/nice clothes, but I do have some vague notion of sense...:h:

Who said practicality is boring? :tongue: I'd love to do that too but, my future uni debt of £40,000k will probably stop me from doing it :lol:
Original post by Imperion
I'd custom build a PC, treat my room acoustically, buy extra peripherals (mics, **** like that), Yamaha H8s and the H8S. I'd purchase Kontakt, Spire, Nexus, ProFilter & Valhalla series and other VSTs if I need 2. Also a midi-keyboard. 61 keys sounds ideal but I'll take 88 for the lolz.

Should cost like 8K, 2k... Probably pump it into a business or market.

Verrrryyyyy niceeeeeeee!
Forget savings, I'd splash it out! :tongue:
Reply 19
Buy alot of coffee and many, many ingredients for many, many chocolate chocolate brownies :coma:

Oh and give some to mental health charities :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest