The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

good luck everyone!

as long as you're happy with them don't let anyone make you feel bad about your results! at A level you may just end up doing better than people who did amazing at gcse!
Original post by nut3lla8
woo it's on my birthday :cake:

Happy birthday!!
Reply 2762
I keep doubting my answers on papers and so I always think of the worst that could happen and how I would then have to change all my plans :frown:
I am so nervous
Well i hope that my results are good, or at least okay :s-smilie:
I can't believe at tomorrow midnight, we will all pretty much know our grades!
I'm so nervous :s-smilie:
Since sitting the exams I've not worried at all, I've thought like what's been done has been done and there's nothing I can do anymore to change my grades. But the past week or so I've been getting really anxious about Thursday, I haven't been sleeping properly and when I have I've had a few nightmares about bad results (one of them I dreamt I failed everything, and the other which was for some reason a worse dream, I'd got 10 A's and was really disappointed- honestly irl I wouldn't be too mad if I got this but I do want a few A*'s! It was probably a worse dream because it's more realistic!)
It's weird how all its going to be is me collecting my results at 10, seeing what I've got then basically going straight to work and carrying on as normal 😱 Such a sudden thing that I've been working on for the past two years of my life..
Original post by amanii_ox
The day after tomorrow is the day before results day. So surreal

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahah this made me laugh, yesterday i was thinking this "tomorrow will be one day left until its one day left till we get grade boundaries and then it will be one day left to results day...."
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG GCSE RESULT'S DAY INCOMING KSABDASJDHBAS I FAILED IDUSFBSDHBF :cry:
Original post by mayacarswell
I'm so nervous :s-smilie:
Since sitting the exams I've not worried at all, I've thought like what's been done has been done and there's nothing I can do anymore to change my grades. But the past week or so I've been getting really anxious about Thursday, I haven't been sleeping properly and when I have I've had a few nightmares about bad results (one of them I dreamt I failed everything, and the other which was for some reason a worse dream, I'd got 10 A's and was really disappointed- honestly irl I wouldn't be too mad if I got this but I do want a few A*'s! It was probably a worse dream because it's more realistic!)
It's weird how all its going to be is me collecting my results at 10, seeing what I've got then basically going straight to work and carrying on as normal 😱 Such a sudden thing that I've been working on for the past two years of my life..

Omg same! i dreamed that i got all D's and that they lost ALL my english exam/coursework and they lost maths, they they told me that they had no recored of me every taking english or maths and that i had to retake year 11....
Original post by nisha.sri
In a few hours it will be 2 days left for results and 1 day left for gb :afraid:

Haha, I was going to comment the same thing:tongue:. I can't wait:smile:

Spoiler

Original post by isabella1999
Good luck everyone! If any of you have any questions about a levels in general and sixth form you can ask, just finished my first year of a levels :smile: and don't worry too much about GCSEs: for most people they are not very important unless you are going for Oxbridge or medicine, for everyone else a levels are much more important GCSE not so much :smile:

My dream is to study medicine at Cambridge so what do you reckon I should hope to get on results day to give me a decent shot at it?
God it's so close. I'm sh***** myself here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RDKGames
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG GCSE RESULT'S DAY INCOMING KSABDASJDHBAS I FAILED IDUSFBSDHBF :cry:

You're an A level Student going onto university this year aren't you? (well feel free to join this thread lol)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Starlight15
You're an A level Student going onto university this year aren't you? (well feel free to join this thread lol)

Oh right... forgot about that. Yeah sure I'll stick around, may as well. :h:
Original post by 1jonam16
at what time do they get published? The grade boundaries specifically?

Most likely between 8am - 10am. the exam board may tweet out when they are releasing it.
I'm in year 9 and reading all this makes me a weird combination of excited, anticipating and TERRIFIED. (For myself. Not for you guys.)
Tbh...

EDEXCEL:
Maths - C

AQA:
Food - C
Business - B
Geography - D
English Lan - B
English Lit: C

OCR:
Physics - E/U (what the heck were those papers!!!)
Chemistry - D
Biology- D/C
RE- D

WJEC:
Spanish - E
Original post by greatmnty
My dream is to study medicine at Cambridge so what do you reckon I should hope to get on results day to give me a decent shot at it?

Me too! Snap! :u: Cambridge are not as strict on GCSEs as Oxford are. The lowest I have ever heard of was on an open day and a current student said he got 6A* 3As and a B... That's probably really really rare though! I'd say all A's and A*'s, with more than half A*'s the more the better!

I got 10A*'s and 3A's by the way, and I'm hopefully applying if that's anything to go by :smile: it's not all aboht GCSE though, AS is more important. What subjects are you taking? I think some Cambridge colleges want 3 sciences (maths counts as a science too!)
Original post by Ashanddust
I'm in year 9 and reading all this makes me a weird combination of excited, anticipating and TERRIFIED. (For myself. Not for you guys.)

I think you should start making a year 10 thread (2016-17) there maybe other year 9 in the same situation as you :smile:

Latest