The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shohaib712
Do they acknowledge gcse results from **** secondary schools? Because my school is literally ranked as the most crappest school in my area

Yes.
On your UCAS application, there will be section on your secondary schooling history, where you'll fill out the schools and qualifications achieved there. That's how they'll find out you went to a poor performing school
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Oh wow. Right, I'd say... go up about 9 and see if there are any signs up. It's the best I can think of, have they got a twitter or social media?

Thanks i found it!
Has anyone been through the GCSE results day experience? Did you lol at grade boundaries and underestimate yourself until you saw your actual results?
Original post by shohaib712
Thanks i found it!

Oh good! Was it on some sort of social media?
Good luck everyone:smile:
Original post by TheAnon121
Anyone got a phone call from their school asking to come in early for pictures? I haven't :frown:

Neither have I :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh good! Was it on some sort of social media?

Yup on twitter lol - they have no followers. Im gonna stalk my teacher's social media now
Anyone got a phone call from their school asking to come in early for pictures? I haven't :frown:

No, but apparently if you do then it's good news
(edited 7 years ago)
Looked at the time thinking "The earliest it's gotta be is 9" and it wasn't even 8. Stop dragging!

I'm preparing myself for disappointment!

and its still no 9 HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Original post by Starlight15
No,but apparently if you do then it's good news

Yeah it's because they get the results tonight so..

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, but my friend did
Original post by Larentia
No, but my friend did

So lucky!
Original post by greatmnty
Guys this is a serious question - for my RE exam, i ran out of quotations and used quotations from some questionable movies (I was desperate...) - do examiners check quotes online?

Lmao no, they don't have time
Original post by Starlight15
So lucky!

Is it a good thing? Does that mean she got exceptionally good results or something?
Original post by Larentia
Is it a good thing? Does that mean she got exceptionally good results or something?

Yeah it does apparently but we'll see...
Original post by ExoIceCream99
The exam wasn't that bad. People made a huge deal out of it for no reason, a teacher and a level students went through it and said it was easier than theirs. Hope you do well though. I'm sure you'll do okay.

To be honest, though it wasn't horrendous, I really do think it was worse than last year's exam. My B1 mock was last year's and I definitely don't think it was harder than ours (though that could just be my opinion). I don't want to brag (that sounds so bad sorry...) but I got (If I can remember correctly) 56/60 in that, whereas I'm really worrying about what I got in my actual paper. That said, good luck to everyone for tomorrow! I'm sure you've all done great. :smile:
I just wanna say guys don't let these grades decide your fate. The system is cruel but if you do bad it wont mean it will crush you. You tried your best and if you don't get what you want fight for what you want in life and soon it will come to you. Good luck to everyone.
Yeah very true in my friend's year, too many people were getting A*s so they bumped up the grade boundaries and less people got the higher grade. Just put it into perspective and realise that the grade is your mark compared to other people's, and not a solid representation of how well you actually did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dontfightthefate
Yeah very true in my friend's year, too many people were getting A*s so they bumped up the grade boundaries and less people got the higher grade. Just put it into perspective and realise that the grade is your mark compared to other people's, and not a solid representation of how well you actually did

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wise words

Posted from TSR Mobile
GOD IM SO STRESSED OUT IM CRYING

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest