The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erinls2
Don't worry about it - I know how nervous I was last year so I want to be able to help you all! :smile: I know when I was in your position people in sixth form would make fun of GCSE's being like 'oh they're nowhere near as stressful as a levels' but actually they're really hard because you have to do so many subjects and it really *is* a stressful time! I don't want to be one of those annoying sixth formers :P

Yh I apprieciate ppl like u for acc understanding wat a levels u doing btw or equivalent.
I'm extremely nervous, already having nightmares lol!
What I want:
English lit.. A
English lan.. A
Biology.. A
Chemistry.. A*/ happy with a A
Physics.. A*
Product Design.. A*
Geography.. A*
German.. A
Computing.. A
Add Maths.. Happy with a C (going to get a U :frown: )
Maths.. Sat last year so already got an A :/

I think I could get most of these maybe not in English as long as I didn't make too many silly mistakes :frown:
I need to do good in order to get into the college I want to go to! :biggrin:
Original post by Fatimabibi_
You found it easy?? Beucase many of the people I've spoken too found this years paper hard, including me 😔 I really wanted anA* but I think I will get a around 144, which is an A

Yeah my school seemed to find it easy as a whole but I think it's because the maths exams we do internally (like end of year exams) and the work we did in lessons was harder than GCSE so idk :redface: I'm sure you got the A*, and with 144 it is definitely still possible (eg. last year was 145 for A*)
Original post by starstudent7
I really want an A* so hopefully they don't increase the grade boundaries:biggrin:. I usually find maths easy getting nearly full marks on the papers but this year's paper one was quite hard in comparison to others:frown:. I think I have got 95/105 on paper 2 but I am not sure about p1 as I need 51/70 which is a lot so I am so scared:redface:. I hope they lower the GB's for linear maths please:biggrin:

With 95 on paper 2 you will definitely get an A*! Don't worry - if you've been getting close to full marks then you shouldn't see such a great difference in the exam because the Maths exams are usually of a very similar difficulty every year :smile: I didn't realise but lots of people on TSR seem to have found it more difficult so it's likely that the grade boundaries will drop instead :biggrin:
what's the point of writing a whole list of all the subjects you do if all you're going to write is that you think you've got all A*?... you're obviously not worried. shouldn't this thread be about discussing how you feel and sharing your concerns rather than letting the whole world know you're a straight A* student??

that said, i'm feeling quite confident for results day, so i'm quite excited, but i'm sure that on wednesday night i'll be convincing myself that i've got 11 Us. it should be fine, guys! the exams i did find really tricky were aqa chemistry. but we'll see. :~)
Original post by puta.madre
Stupid question here....
I just saw the CIE IGCSE English Language Grade Boundaries/Thresholds, am I correct that A* is 106 and A is 96 and so on?

I'm really confused by these grade boundaries as my school only did one exam out of 50 and coursework out of 50??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waveyalex
Yh I apprieciate ppl like u for acc understanding wat a levels u doing btw or equivalent.

Thanks, that's kind of you :smile: I'm doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Music - what are you doing next year?
Original post by MethylOrange_
I'm really confused by these grade boundaries as my school only did one exam out of 50 and coursework out of 50??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ummm you did speaking and listening test too? and marked out of 30?
I'm all shook up for results day.
Do not talk to me of results day, I've had an earful.

Spoiler

Original post by erinls2
Thanks, that's kind of you :smile: I'm doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Music - what are you doing next year?

its kl lool maths computer science and government and politics
Hahahahahahahahaha
aha
ha
ahh

:bawling:
its kl lool maths computer science and government and politics

Nice what do you wanna do at uni?
Original post by puta.madre
Ummm you did speaking and listening test too? and marked out of 30?

Nope only those two...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sofia00
what's the point of writing a whole list of all the subjects you do if all you're going to write is that you think you've got all A*?... you're obviously not worried. shouldn't this thread be about discussing how you feel and sharing your concerns rather than letting the whole world know you're a straight A* student??

that said, i'm feeling quite confident for results day, so i'm quite excited, but i'm sure that on wednesday night i'll be convincing myself that i've got 11 Us. it should be fine, guys! the exams i did find really tricky were aqa chemistry. but we'll see. :~)

We're all Year 11's here so anybody is entitled to post just as much as anybody else, just because somebody is predicted straight A's doesn't mean they aren't stressing about results :smile:.
Original post by Starlight15
:tsr:
GCSE RESULTS DAY
:woo::woo::woo:

Use this thread to share what grades you'll think you'll get, how you're feeling about your subjects and how you're feeling on the run up to the big day! :h:

Grade Boundaries:
(If the grade boundaries are available they will turn Blue)

Spoiler

GCSE Results in
6 Days
Grade boundaries in
5 Days

OMG,, soo close ! gud luck everyone, hope we all get flying colours
Original post by erinls2
Nice what do you wanna do at uni?

computer science wbu ?
computer science wbu ?

Medicine :smile:
I'm so nervous !!! I've watched couple of A-level videos and As videos and it has made me shiver and all nervous. AHHH !! HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING GOES WELL AND THE GB ARE NOT TOO HIGH !! :colondollar:
Original post by Nhomie
Nooooo i know i will have just missed it 😭😭😭 i counted 78 on the first paper and 94 on the second im really not save

you'll get an A* with that! my boundary is too high
Hey, I'm Cerian and I'm new here. I'm currently 15 and I'm approaching Year 11 in September. I sat 5 GCSE modulars in May and one in June, but I think I've flopped on five of them. I'm studying English, Maths, Science, Welsh, Geography, I.C.T and History, but I've only sat exams in Science, Welsh, I.C.T and History so far.

My Predicted Grades:
Well, I predict an A in I.C.T because that's one thing I actually am good at.
I predict a C/D in Welsh.
I predict a D in Biology, C in Physics and B in Chemistry; I had an A in my ISA so I'm hoping my overall grade for Core Science is between a C and a B.
I predict a D in History.

I'm hoping to get all A's and B's in Year 11 though, as I intend to make more of an effort and revise thoroughly, rather than just for a few weeks.

At the moment, I'm feeling nervous for Results Day but I'm hoping it'll be better than what I'm expecting. Good luck to all you other GCSE students; I'm sure you'll all get the grades you deserve!

Latest