The Student Room Group

Advice on edexcel maths question

on question 24 (edexcel maths gcse higher paper), It was a question about inverse proportion and I spotted it but because I'm an idiot who doesn't work good under pressure I just did 1/x^2. Do you think I will be awarded any marks for it?
Here is a picture of the question: https://gyazo.com/f25e1d2e5e81e85abefc3060063aa6c3
Instead of working out K then doing the sum, I got the answers: 1, 0.25 and 0.04.
Thanks.
Original post by DeCosta
on question 24 (edexcel maths gcse higher paper), It was a question about inverse proportion and I spotted it but because I'm an idiot who doesn't work good under pressure I just did 1/x^2. Do you think I will be awarded any marks for it?
Here is a picture of the question: https://gyazo.com/f25e1d2e5e81e85abefc3060063aa6c3
Instead of working out K then doing the sum, I got the answers: 1, 0.25 and 0.04.
Thanks.

I would think that you wouldn't get the marks as the answers are wrong and the way you got there was wrong.
Reply 2
@Speedbird129 thought so lol, thanks for the reply; I was just counting up my marks and I managed around 75 which I am disapointed with as I am aiming for an A*. I made so many mistakes that I'm annoyed with myself. Do you know how many I'd need on the calc paper to get an A* overall? cheers
Original post by DeCosta
@Speedbird129 thought so lol, thanks for the reply; I was just counting up my marks and I managed around 75 which I am disapointed with as I am aiming for an A*. I made so many mistakes that I'm annoyed with myself. Do you know how many I'd need on the calc paper to get an A* overall? cheers

I will base this on June 2014's grade boundaries as I feel they will be quite high this year. Therefore you would need around 90 marks on the calculator paper to get roughly 165/200 which is an A*. Good luck with your exams!
Original post by DeCosta

To would aim for 90+ marks to secure your A*. Absolute minimum would be 87. People found the paper hard this year so grade boundaries will probably be around the low 160's. You really need to crack down on the exam. Check everything!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending