The Student Room Group

Dont know what to do anymore

So i was supposed to go to my prom today which i have already payed for however my parents say i cant go now. My dad signed the letter during march. they said i cant go because its too late for my dad to collect me even though i offered to come back by myself but apparently im just a kid. so now i will never see some people again and will look like an idiot to my friends. the reason my father cant pick me up is that he is on a dialysis machine and he needs to be on it that time of night, i havent even told my friends about my dad's kidney problems yet, hes been on it for like 3 months now. reasonable for my father to not be able to pick me up however i dont understand why they tink its dangerous for me to come home from school at 12;00. i really wanted to go and there was this girl i wanted to take pictures with. my parents always make false promises to me. they made my oldest sister live with me for 10 months, house was crowded and it was extremely annoying and stressful, ive been working so hard for these exams and thought in return that i could pay it off with prom,. but no. so now i will no longer need to go tuition (was terrible tuition)anyway. i will leave the house as soon im 18 and have a job so i can afford a apartment. ill hold this against them for the rest of my life now. i know it sounds stupid but it feels like they have ruined my life. they don t understand how much it means to me since ill never be able to see some of my friends again. now my im gonna miss out.

Scroll to see replies

Not going to a prom isn't the end of the world.

And BTW, if you're leaving home, go to Uni. It'll get you a house, rather than a job immediatelu=y that will only get you a flat.
Chill mate
Reply 3
Original post by mghanduri
Not going to a prom isn't the end of the world.

And BTW, if you're leaving home, go to Uni. It'll get you a house, rather than a job immediatelu=y that will only get you a flat.

i dont mind having a flat. too me it is. i care about it a lot
Could you ask a friend to take you home?
Original post by Anonymous
i dont mind having a flat. too me it is. i care about it a lot

Go to Uni anyways. It'll be fun and you'll find new friends. If your 'friends' in school judge you for not going to a prom, then you don't really have good friends.
Reply 6
how am i supposed to confront my friends?
Holy hell that escalated quickly near the end there.
Reply 8
how am i supposed to confront my friends?

i really wanted to go and see y girl
Reply 9
i really wanted to go and see the girl that i wanted to see..

text too short,...........
i really wanted to go and see y girl

Just speak to them. Don't confront them. If they laugh at you, then leave. They don't deserve your company. And also, more opportunities may present themselves, so it isn't a big deal at all.
Original post by mghanduri
Just speak to them. Don't confront them. If they laugh at you, then leave. They don't deserve your company. And also, more opportunities may present themselves, so it isn't a big deal at all.

i just really wanted to see that girl
Reply 12
So i was supposed to go to my prom today which i have already payed for however my parents say i cant go now. My dad signed the letter during march. they said i cant go because its too late for my dad to collect me even though i offered to come back by myself but apparently im just a kid. so now i will never see some people again and will look like an idiot to my friends. the reason my father cant pick me up is that he is on a dialysis machine and he needs to be on it that time of night, i havent even told my friends about my dad's kidney problems yet, hes been on it for like 3 months now. reasonable for my father to not be able to pick me up however i dont understand why they tink its dangerous for me to come home from school at 12;00. i really wanted to go and there was this girl i wanted to take pictures with. my parents always make false promises to me. they made my oldest sister live with me for 10 months, house was crowded and it was extremely annoying and stressful, ive been working so hard for these exams and thought in return that i could pay it off with prom,. but no. so now i will no longer need to go tuition (was terrible tuition)anyway. i will leave the house as soon im 18 and have a job so i can afford a apartment. ill hold this against them for the rest of my life now. i know it sounds stupid but it feels like they have ruined my life. they don t understand how much it means to me since ill never be able to see some of my friends again. now my im gonna miss out.

I think your dad genuinely needs you and they are just worried about your safety.It might not make sense to you now but it will later.Ask them to go and let your older sister pick you up
ok ive calmed down. couldnt go. but still aitn going tuition and will hold this for the rest of my life. bye
Mate just tell your parents all of this. Tell them how hard you have worked and how much it really means to you to go. Make them think that you have done your best over these 5 years of school and the only thing you want in return is this. Make it seem like you deserve a lot more than this, so then your parents might allow you to go. If this doesnt work make a reason up of why you absolutely have to go. For example say you forgot a really important certificate in school and you have to collect it, but the teacher that can give it to you is only going to be there on prom night, so if you dont go you won't be able to get it. Hope this helps good luck
Posted from TSR Mobile

How about you get outta the house u live in with Ur parents money, and get off ur PC which presumably Ur parents bought u?
Reply 16
ok ive calmed down. couldnt go. but still aitn going tuition and will hold this for the rest of my life. bye

dude it's just prom. there's still exams and stuff so you're gonna see people again. Can't a friend's parent pick you up? An aunt, an uncle?
Well at least you're determined to move out at 18. Keep that in mind each time they annoy you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just sneak out of the house and lie to the school about someone picking you up or pretend your dad is not going to be on dialysis at that time or get another adult to sign it because no one should stop you going just for that stupid reason ( im not sure i should be giving you that advice ) but its obvious this is important to you so dont let anybody spoil it for you. or better still ask all your friends if their parents can give u a lift home or if they have any siblings or relatives who can drive to give you a lift. Its worth asking around rather than doing nothing and spending your life being angry and regretting not going. Even though your dad is ill you still need to do normal things and have fun. If you have no luck save or borrow the money to get a licensed cab or taxi home. If still have no luck in finding alternative arrangements just turn up at the school anyway, if they turn you away be persistent and do not leave or try to sneak in with the help of your friends. Maybe ask a neighbour or your own relatives to sign the letter and give you a lift.
These are all the things i would do if i was in the same situation so i would never tell someone to do something i wouldnt do myself.
You need to go out and have fun then you can concentrate on your dad's problems afterwards
Why don't you just see the girl in summer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending