The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 1-International Relations-6th June 2016 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Has any one got the predicted paper I've done the exam npw
Reply 122
I wrote about Berlin blockade and airlift in the last 13 marker. Also talked about how the putting missiles on Cuba resulted in greater focus on Berlin as the Berlin Wall was a way of also detouring the rest of the worlds view of what the Soviet Union was doing. Also mentioned the 1963 Berlin speech by Kennedy.
Honestly think I got around 8 or 7 marks
^ I mentioned the Berlin airlift too, but I ran out of time on that one :frown:
I looked through the paper and wanted to cry but I started rambling on so hopefully I did ok (I thought it was hard, but not impossible). For the choose questions I couldn't remember much about Warsaw Pact so I did Prague spring, and I also didn't do the carter doctrine (but I sort of made up the Helsinki conference one, I had no idea haha).
That makes it sound worse than it actually was, I think it was ok.
Reply 124
Original post by GoodGirlFaith
^ I mentioned the Berlin airlift too, but I ran out of time on that one :frown:
I looked through the paper and wanted to cry but I started rambling on so hopefully I did ok (I thought it was hard, but not impossible). For the choose questions I couldn't remember much about Warsaw Pact so I did Prague spring, and I also didn't do the carter doctrine (but I sort of made up the Helsinki conference one, I had no idea haha).
That makes it sound worse than it actually was, I think it was ok.

Think I got 2,4,9,6,14,8/7+3 SPAG
Annoyed so much about the last one. A* down the drain
Original post by Undec
I wrote about Berlin blockade and airlift in the last 13 marker. Also talked about how the putting missiles on Cuba resulted in greater focus on Berlin as the Berlin Wall was a way of also detouring the rest of the worlds view of what the Soviet Union was doing. Also mentioned the 1963 Berlin speech by Kennedy.

Oh no! - you shouldn't have written about the airlift. The years in the 13 marker were from 1958-1963. The berlin airlift/blocakade was from 1948-9.
Reply 126
Original post by lonyeka
Oh no! - you shouldn't have written about the airlift. The years in the 13 marker were from 1958-1963. The berlin airlift/blocakade was from 1948-9.

I knew that. It's just when I saw refugee crisis I just linked it with it. However I did say that 2,000 were leaving per day into the west and it was a clear indication that capitalism was the more wanted ideology.
Do U think that I wrote for my last paragraph is okay?
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for the exam?
I've calculated worst case/best case scenario marks and I just need to see what grade I should be expecting from the paper
Reply 128
Original post by Kiniun
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for the exam?
I've calculated worst case/best case scenario marks and I just need to see what grade I should be expecting from the paper

46/47 a*
Original post by Undec
I knew that. It's just when I saw refugee crisis I just linked it with it. However I did say that 2,000 were leaving per day into the west and it was a clear indication that capitalism was the more wanted ideology.
Do U think that I wrote for my last paragraph is okay?

Oh - I think it'll be fine so long as you didn't speak about it too much and just touched on it.
Reply 130
are you kidding? You can only lose 1 mark to get an A*???
I couldn't remember what year the Berlin airlift was, but I knew it was in stalin's time and that he died before 1958, so I mentioned it more as an example of east vs west in Berlin in the past, rather than as an actual answer if that sort of makes sense.
Original post by Undec
46/47 a*

I found it really easy but come on. It's unit 1. Shouldn't the A* boundary be low ? Everyone in my school found it challenging. lol.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Reply 133
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I found it really easy but come on. It's unit 1. Shouldn't the A* boundary be low ? Everyone in my school found it challenging. lol.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

Hopefully it will be lower. Is your school a good school?
Original post by Undec
Hopefully it will be lower. Is your school a good school?

We're in the top 20% in the nation and score above average but it's a state school so we don't have a lot of intellectuals.

I literally thought I made up the last one as I said about a Crisis in Berlin.

Luckiest I've ever been, turns out there was the Berlin Crisis between 1958-61 :h:
Original post by Undec

fancy seeing you here
Original post by KAK123

it's out of 53
Original post by KAK123

no one said that
it's out of 53:smile:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786

last year you needed 46 for an A* and i thought that was easier than this year's so I think Undec is probably right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending