The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature Unseen - Structure comment

I sat my English poetry paper today and I wrote the essay for the unseen except I completely forgot to mention anything at all on the structure of the poem :frown: I just wanted to know how badly this might affect my grade, as in do you have to comment on structure?
I highly doubt it'll affect your grade much, as long as you talked about language well and possibly form, you should be fine. Structure can sometimes be fairly difficult to comment on so often people leave it out.
Original post by Chlozza123
I sat my English poetry paper today and I wrote the essay for the unseen except I completely forgot to mention anything at all on the structure of the poem :frown: I just wanted to know how badly this might affect my grade, as in do you have to comment on structure?

I think to get into the A* Grade you must comment on structure.
Reply 3
Original post by DavidL2000
I highly doubt it'll affect your grade much, as long as you talked about language well and possibly form, you should be fine. Structure can sometimes be fairly difficult to comment on so often people leave it out.

Thank you, hopefully it won't affect my grade too much. I remembered to mention structure within the set poems and apparently the unseen is only worth 12% of the final grade, so if I've done alright on the other parts there's still a chance that I'll get my target grade.
Reply 4
Original post by Chlozza123

The mark scheme gives you marks for comments on 'language and/or structure and/or form'. You don't need to talk about all of them, just one of them, but a lot of people don't use structure so it's considered impressive if you can. I didn't discuss structure for the unseen either because (in my opinion) it wasn't a particularly unique structure. So don't worry, you don't have to talk about structure at all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest