The Student Room Group

OCR English LIT

Tough paper today, I did LOTF and Unseen poetry.
Found LOTF relatively feasible yet the unseen poetry, I personally believe was atrocious but glad that many seemed to share the belief after the exam. Very tough to analyse in depth and felt to waffle- Yet mentioned some decent points of juxtaposition between Flowers budding and Dead grass and how it seemed to be a flow of consciousness.

Opinions on it today?
Reply 1
I did LOTF and unseen also however I found the unseen relatively easy, lots of personification/rhetorical questions/adjectives. For the Lord of the Flies did you do the extract or essay question.
Reply 2
Original post by FJ13
I did LOTF and unseen also however I found the unseen relatively easy, lots of personification/rhetorical questions/adjectives. For the Lord of the Flies did you do the extract or essay question.

I did extract wbu, I agree to a degree. Unseen I wrote also how spring is seen as a life cycle and resembles human life (with the use of personification and human descriptions), his rhetorical questions also convey he he was in awe of natures beauty and cruelty. I think I raised decent points, just not confident at all and I think I waffled :frown:
Reply 3
extract also, wrote the main thing was about the glasses breaking

for the poetry if you talked about those things in detail you should be fine.
I also found them difficult, you aren't alone.

Grade boundaries will probably be low

Quick Reply

Latest