The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Term Dates - Weird!

For those who arent bored enough to read through the Uni website, term dates for next year have been released and they are weird!

24th September (Monday) - Freshers week starts a week later than last year
26th September (Wed) - "Induction" for us second years

1st October (Monday) - Lectures start for 12 weeks (boooooo!)

21st December (Friday) - Term ends. Breaking up that late is weird, but all good if you like Chrimbo partys.

14th January (Monday) - Term starts a week after the schools do so we get some peace and quiet! 9 weeks of lectures.

14th March (Friday) - Term ends for Easter. Not the end of lectures though :confused:

7th April (Monday) - Term starts for 3 weeks. Why they make a 3 week term is beyond me :confused:

25th April (Friday) - End of lectures (w00t!)

28th April - 2nd May - Reading week

5th May (Monday) - Exams start (:frown:)

23rd May (Friday) - Exams end (:biggrin:)

16th June (Monday) - Results week.

4th July (Friday) - Official end of term (apt that we are let loose on Independence Day? :p: )

=====

If the contract on your digs for next year ends on June 30th like it did this year and you have to resit exams you may be screwed for somewhere to live for the last few days!
Reply 1
The contracts will probably end on the official last day of term, like they're doing this year. I can't see them kicking everyone out on the 29th next year too, especially since it'll be on a Sunday too.

But yeah, those dates are weird. Probably because they've put all the graduation ceremonies a week later than they did last year.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
We have to be out of the house on the 29th of June, so its just more incentive to work a bit harder for me.

I'm not going to look into the grad ceremonies until I need to!
Reply 3
I know someone at northampton uni and he finished his first year around the end of may!
Reply 4
As we did, having to go back for results last week :wink:
Reply 5
Yup, although I've paid to stay till July 1st as that's when I move into my house. I've got nothing better to do this week so I may just start packing things up.
I got to stay another week at Little Aspley because I miss a test and I need it in order to finish my first year.
Test is next Thursday, finally one more week I can go home and watch LOTS AND LOTS of TV.
'Oh..... How I miss Sky+' lol
Reply 7
hi.

do u have myspace?

www.myspace.com/mrdanielwinters
Reply 8
I thought most people finished uni around the end of may? Im supposed to be working in greece from the start of june next year because everyones been telling me ill finish uni around the end of may?
Reply 9
ooops. I'm on holiday from March 2nd - 16th. Oh well !
Reply 10
Dont worry, you wont be yelled at for it - I doubt the lecturers would even notice you missing. With that time getting on for exam period, I suggest you make sure you get the notes you miss off your mates.

Billy - While some Uni's might finish around the end of May, a lot dont. I know Sunderland are just getting their exam results this week. Thats why its inadvisable to plan so far ahead when you are at Uni :wink:
Reply 11
Anth
Dont worry, you wont be yelled at for it - I doubt the lecturers would even notice you missing. With that time getting on for exam period, I suggest you make sure you get the notes you miss off your mates.

Yeah, prob the best thing to do.

2 weeks isnt that much. People prob miss Uni more than that for random odd days.
Reply 12
Thats true :biggrin:
kobrakai
The contracts will probably end on the official last day of term, like they're doing this year. I can't see them kicking everyone out on the 29th next year too, especially since it'll be on a Sunday too.

But yeah, those dates are weird. Probably because they've put all the graduation ceremonies a week later than they did last year.

i have to go in on the 27th sept just to register on the intranet apparently
it takes me an hr to get there n an hr to get bk home just for a 10mins job *GGRRHH*
n i start 1st oct officailly i think
wohoooo two more years left :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending