The Student Room Group

Getting mixed signals from a girl

Hiya

So there is girl I have known for about 6 months. We have mutual friends and basically my best friend dates a girl, and this girl is her best friend. Anyway, every time we see each other it's really weird. It's hard to explain. When I open my mouth, she always says something - depending on what I just said, she'll tease me, flirt with me or criticize me, tell me I piss her off, etc. But even when she says something negative about me, it's not really negative.

A few weeks ago we were at a party, I was sitting somewhere, she sat there too and started to talk to me and at some point she started to touch my hands and my thigh... I didn't put too much thought into it because even though she wasn't drunk she wasn't exactly sober either.

That's what makes me think she could be interested BUT on the other hand when I text her she puts little to no effort in the conversation so it doesn't last long. She never initiates conversation either.

Her behaviour makes me think she could have a little something for me but maybe she's just a tease. She doesn't seem to act the same way with other people though.

Thoughs? What should I do?

Thanks
Be straight up with her. Don't become a beta orbiter stuck in the friendzone.
She sounds like an attention seeker.
Reply 3
Original post by BirdIsWord
Be straight up with her. Don't become a beta orbiter stuck in the friendzone.

Usually I go straight to the point but this time for some reasons I really can't. :frown:

Original post by sameehaiqbal
She sounds like an attention seeker.

That's the problem, maybe she is. I hung out with her a few times, she didn't seem to be one but I don't know her enough and I know girls who were great at first but when you start hanging out with them a lot you see they're tease, attention seeker etc and they're not worth it at all.
Original post by Anonymous
Usually I go straight to the point but this time for some reasons I really can't. :frown:

That's the problem, maybe she is. I hung out with her a few times, she didn't seem to be one but I don't know her enough and I know girls who were great at first but when you start hanging out with them a lot you see they're tease, attention seeker etc and they're not worth it at all.

It sounds like she just wants to talk to you when she's bored. You deserve a lot better, however if you still want to know how she really feels then just ask her over text. Whats the worst that can happen?
I have a similar problem actually, except i'm a girl getting mixed messages from this guy i've had a crush on for over a year now. I'll start from the beginning..
In year 8, everyone kept urging us to go out bc we're both blonde and"suited eachother" so we did but nothing really happened other than holding hands in pe,walking home together and mutually breaking up after two weeks. In year 10 i tried messaging him a couple of times but he blanked me. These past weeks we've had more contact - he followed me on instagram, i follwed him on snapchat. Whenever i like one of his pictures, he'll like one of mine back later, and we signed eachothers shirts on our last day of year 11. So, feeling brave, i messaged him again and he replied within the hour! I was so happy but then the responding time for him gradually got longrr and longer, he hasnt replied to my message which i sent at 3 yesterday, even though he has been messaging others since then. But in his messages he is kind and funny and asks me questions back, so is he interested but really forgetful or spends forever figuring out the right thing to say, or is he trying to shake me off bc he's not interested?? Btw, i'd say he is pretty popular ( he's friends with most people but smokes weed and is slightly more subdued than his friends) but so am i (i have a good&friendly rep and got voted as prettiest girl in year 11). Could you give me some advice?

Quick Reply

Latest