Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

I only compared structure in the poetry exam? (AQA)

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I'm now just beginning to realize that I only compared the structure in the poetry exam yesterday Does it really matter that much if you don't comment on language/form?

if I am being completely honest then it probably does matter to some extent. however, I guess it depends on the quality of your analysis on structure. I know that my English teacher always goes on about making sure that themes, language, tone, structure and form is always analysed. but I guess it depends on the overall quality of you essay.

I am sure that you will do really well though, tbh some people forget to analyse structure. since you have analysed structure it shows that you have good analytical skills.

good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

The mark scheme only specifies the analysis or structure/form/language as one of the elements of which there are six in the comparison question so it shouldn't be a problem.
    Also i just took a look at the mark scheme and it states Language and/or Structure and/or Form meaning that you don't need to include all of them. In fact structure is much more "insightful and exploratory" which the mark scheme demands so I think you will get high marks for this band.
    No sweat as most the marks in this question come for comparison techniques anyway!

Hope this helps

the mark scheme says language and OR structure, so you can still get top band if your structure analysis was good

Yeah lots of students do only lang and no structure and do fine. In poetry, the examiners are looking more for the comparison of themes and poems, so if you analysed the structure well you can still get a high grade

(Original post by luciie)
    I'm now just beginning to realize that I only compared the structure in the poetry exam yesterday Does it really matter that much if you don't comment on language/form?
    I only commented on language! And I realised last night. The mark scheme says you can comment on the language/structure/effects on the reader.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.