The Student Room Group
Reply 1
"Alot need maths", do you have a good GCSE grade in Mathematics?
It's only Computer Science degrees that need an AS in maths, at a push the full A Level.
Information Technology degrees on the otherhand are less maths-orinted and
you don't need it at ALevel, though most ask for the GCSE grade @ C+
What Uni's do you want to go to?
Reply 2
I got a C. An i dont mind, wherever is best for what I wnna do...
Reply 3
I have a similar query. Can anyone advise?

I'm looking for a Computing/IT course that is very vocational and practical, involving the use of high-level programming applicants and other applications. A course which does not have a lot of Maths content.

Having looking on UCAS at IT courses there aren't that many there and they seem very whooly, having a lot of business/marketing modules which don't seem tremendously useful for most people working in IT.

As I say i'm concerned about avoiding courses which have too much Maths content.

Could an IT/Computing/Computer Science student have a look at the course below and tell me how much Maths content there is and at what level? Also, could they tell me where they would place it on the specturm of IT/Computing/Computer Science courses in terms of Maths content?

Thank you! :smile:

http://techfaculty.port.ac.uk/tud/db/BScHonoComp303.htm
Reply 4
That one doesnt look particulary light on the maths(you got a maths module each year). It might be an idea to look for software engineering degrees or computer science with software engineering those tend to focus more on the practical application of programming (design,analysis,management,programming paradigms etc) as compared to more theoretical stuff(math,algorithm complexity etc).

Latest

Trending

Trending