The Student Room Group

Chemistry edexcel l A level

I am just very confused because the specification douse not specify the reactions you need to know for chromium and copper? All I know is that for all the other d block metals listed on the specification all we need to know is addition of NH3 and NaOH.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by barnaby 1
I am just very confused because the specification douse not specify the reactions you need to know for chromium and copper? All I know is that for all the other d block metals listed on the specification all we need to know is addition of NH3 and NaOH.

https://98fdf990e921f9b68c6761eb14cb7d0b5c20d949.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYb3VrY25WZkVwYzA/5.3.2%20Transition%20Metals.pdf

Pages 6 and 7^
Everything is pretty much covered there, look up some stuff on chemguide under transition metals for copper and chromium.
There are two past papers I believe that have a question each which tested you on reactions of copper and reactions of chromium. Worth having a look at that.
There's a few various things you need to know for Cu and Cr, on top of knowing their reactions with NH3 and NaOH.
Reply 3
Original post by fisher96
https://98fdf990e921f9b68c6761eb14cb7d0b5c20d949.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYb3VrY25WZkVwYzA/5.3.2%20Transition%20Metals.pdf

Pages 6 and 7^
Everything is pretty much covered there, look up some stuff on chemguide under transition metals for copper and chromium.
There are two past papers I believe that have a question each which tested you on reactions of copper and reactions of chromium. Worth having a look at that.
There's a few various things you need to know for Cu and Cr, on top of knowing their reactions with NH3 and NaOH.

Thank you very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest